Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

So it is, as ecconoob suggests, activism then! 

Make your mind up!

I don't really take much heed of anything Ecconoob says, the very worst kind of people that sadly seem to have influence on how this country is run and why its such an absolute mess.

Guest sibon
3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

totally agree common sense approach. the small minded trying to control the rest of us.

Nobody is controlling you. Unless you are one of the 300 ticket holders, you won’t notice anything.

Cheeky Chubby can perform anywhere he likes in Sheffield, if they will accept him.

There isn’t exactly a stampede of venues with a 300+ capacity willing to book him. 

I could get all 300 ticket holders in my house, but I’m fussy about who I let in.

2 hours ago, sibon said:

Nobody is controlling you. Unless you are one of the 300 ticket holders, you won’t notice anything.

Cheeky Chubby can perform anywhere he likes in Sheffield, if they will accept him.

There isn’t exactly a stampede of venues with a 300+ capacity willing to book him. 

I could get all 300 ticket holders in my house, but I’m fussy about who I let in.

But why did they accept his booking if he's such an evil person?

The issue is that his booking was accepted and then cancelled when some whiny "perpetually offended" woke snowflake registered a complaint.

Roy's not someone I'd pay to watch by any stretch of the imagination, but what right do the "chattering classes" have to stop the 300+ folk who'd paid good money to watch him enjoy his how? There's a slight but possibly putrid whiff of Nazism here.

4 hours ago, Martin C said:

The issue is that his booking was accepted and then cancelled when some whiny "perpetually offended" woke snowflake registered a complaint.

Roy's not someone I'd pay to watch by any stretch of the imagination, but what right do the "chattering classes" have to stop the 300+ folk who'd paid good money to watch him enjoy his how? There's a slight but possibly putrid whiff of Nazism here.

One that doesn't even live in South Yorkshire. One that had him cancelled in Whitby & then is reportedly to have said they were intent on getting him cancelled everywhere.  

To me that sounds a lot like a targetted vendetta rather than virtue. 

4 hours ago, Martin C said:

Nazism?

It was the Snowflakes who started the ball rolling.

So how does Nazism come into it?

Blame the left and Liberal thinking do-gooders.

Snowflakes = Nazism :rolleyes:

On 08/09/2021 at 06:39, slh73 said:

And how many of those have bought tickets to see him? 

On 08/09/2021 at 08:37, HeHasRisen said:

They only had to refund 300 people, apparently.  Was mentioned earlier in the thread. 

I suppose a good few of the 28,000 might have bought tickets if the gig had been allowed. We'll never know.

21 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

No he hasn't. He has 28000 people clicking some online form as a pathetic lazy protest about what they determine is a "ban on free speech" or "political correctness gone mad" or a load of "woke nonsense".

Real fans buy tickets. They go to the gigs. They travel to see their favourite artists.

As others have pointed out, the numbers of genuine fans i.e. those being given a refund are a world apart from the number of slacktivists online clicking some petition.

28k fans my backside.  

Well said. 

2 hours ago, Janus said:

I suppose a good few of the 28,000 might have bought tickets if the gig had been allowed. We'll never know.

I think it's pretty obvious they wouldn't. Given capacity of the city hall is just over 2000 people that will be an awful lot of consecutive nights to fulfill the demand - which of course there isn't.

I say again.   Nothing more than a load of people jumping on the bandwagon because all they had to do was click on a mouse.  It happens all the time of these online petitions. A tiny tiny number of people who actually give a toss, but then the media get hold of it and suddenly there's a surge of people all piling on.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

No different to other things tbf, such as the thousands who complained about Piers Morgan, Jonathan Ross, Jerry Springer The Musical on BBC2....barely any of them will have watched or listened at the time.

I would say to anyone who has bought, or who is thinking about buying, a ticket for his shows in the future - save your money & just play this on a loop instead

With the publicity not just on this forum, but all the media articles, I think there will be a resurgence of interest in his recorded material. He released a few videos and audio cassettes back in the 80s. I don't know if anything went on DVDs. All the best  Mr Vasey.

EDIT :  There is stuff on ebay including blue ray disc.

Edited by Janus