Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Markstevo said:

Because it's a choice ..... If you don't like him then simply don't but a ticket as for the workplace comment it's a theatre where people have a choice (well they're supposed to have a choice if they want to go & see him or not!) He's been coming to Sheffield for over 30 years & now your all of a sudden claiming that staff have to hear his racist jokes? Guess what? The staff also have a choice, they can either book a holiday or ask for a swap that's how things go nowadays at work.

He could always choose to ditch the racist “jokes”.

Maybe update his “act” so that it meets modern standards.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

He could always choose to ditch the racist “jokes”.

Maybe update his “act” so that it meets modern standards.

Maybe a lot more people than you realise aren't bothered because at the end of the day regarding it being racist or not people should have the right to go & see his shows!

Guest sibon
Just now, Markstevo said:

Maybe a lot more people than you realise aren't bothered because at the end of the day regarding it being racist or not people should have the right to go & see his shows!

People have every right to see his shows. Just as the City Hall has every right to refuse to let him perform there. Or do you want to force them to let him perform?

If you want to see him, Manchester Apollo is a lovely theatre. He’s only sold the first couple of rows, so you’ve over 2500 seats to choose from at the moment.

Just now, sibon said:

People have every right to see his shows. Just as the City Hall has every right to refuse to let him perform there. Or do you want to force them to let him perform?

If you want to see him, Manchester Apollo is a lovely theatre. He’s only sold the first couple of rows, so you’ve over 2500 seats to choose from at the moment.

I wouldn't have to travel to Manchester would i if it weren't for the snowflake brigade taking away peoples rights, like i said before to see him people would have to but a ticket to see his show if snowflakes are stupid enough to buy a ticket then they seriously need their heads banging together other than that who would get offended?

I wouldn't have to travel to Manchester would i if it weren't for the snowflake brigade taking away peoples rights, like i said before to see him people would have to but a ticket to see his show if snowflakes are stupid enough to buy a ticket then they seriously need their heads banging together other than that who would get offended?

They haven't. 

Boggles my mind what some people think is defined as "their rights".

Guest sibon

Nobody is taking your rights away.

You can go to see Chubby if you want to. 

He’s just not welcome at Sheffield City Hall. Amongst other places. Maybe that says something about his act that you haven’t considered.  

14 minutes ago, Markstevo said:

Find a venue who will take him, book it, sell tickets on this wave of publicity. You could be quids in!

The City Hall has struggled for years the people backing this will be the first on here bleating when it closes for good.

26 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The City Hall has struggled for years the people backing this will be the first on here bleating when it closes for good.

Are you going to boycott them and the rest of the venues?

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you going to boycott them and the rest of the venues?

Hardly anyone worth seeing does gigs in Sheffield anymore, fairly easy to travel to Leeds/Nottingham, cities that are streets ahead of Sheffield sadly.

Just now, top4718 said:

Hardly anyone worth seeing does gigs in Sheffield anymore, fairly easy to travel to Leeds/Nottingham, cities that are streets ahead of Sheffield sadly.

So is that a yes or a no to a boycott? One cancelled gig won't close down City Hall.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

So is that a yes or a no to a boycott? One cancelled gig won't close down City Hall.

Sheffield City Hall is just fine. Miles ahead of anything that Leeds has to offer. TRCH Nottingham is nice, but no better than The City Hall. It tends to have the same gigs too.