Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

6 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

no its usually whites who are offended on their behalf

Is that usual is it? 

Guest busdriver1

It's quite simple. We ALL know what his act is or at least have a fair idea. The use of a venue for a guy to entertain a group of consenting adults with a show that breaks no laws should be allowed to go ahead. By banning it we are getting into a very dangerous area of banning free speach. Wokism at its worst. 

What sort of society are we living in ? 

Not my cup of tea at all , but people have different sense of humour . We can't all like the same things . To cancel the concert is bowing down to the PC world again . We are becoming a Nanny state , can we not judge for ourselves what we watch & don't watch 

Lots of people saying the show should go ahead, but not many who would buy tickets by the look of it. 

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Lots of people saying the show should go ahead, but not many who would buy tickets by the look of it. 

I think that shows that whilst he's not most peoples cup of tea, most people are not selfish or entitled enough to want to ruin others fun. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think that shows that whilst he's not most peoples cup of tea, most people are not selfish or entitled enough to want to ruin others fun. 

The article says he's been pushed out of other council run venues around the country. Surely if he can still sell out a venue like the city hall in 2022, the private sector will take up the slack. I think it's the council connection - any council will have similar reservations. Theyve got to listen to the whole range of voters opinions rather than judge it on ticket sales.

Does anyone know whether the council would have cancelled the booking (and thereby forfeit the venue hire fee) if they hadn't received complaints from the perpetually offended/vexatious "snowflakes"/"wokes"?

Edited by Martin C
typo

Wouldn't it be nice if Mr Brown put on a Children 'Friendly' under 18 show to prove the Snowflakes wrong :thumbsup:

I'm surprised none of the 'Snowflakes' haven't complained because the 'Human rights' of under 18's has been infringed

by Chubby's insistence they are excluded from his concerts 🍌🍌

Worlds Gone Daft  :loopy:

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

It is a joke that rather than ignore these people and tell them we live in a democracy where we have freedom to go and watch what we like, they pander to them and cancel the show. It isn't as though the public aren't told that his shows could be offensive to some people, I wonder if the people who complained had actually seen or listened to his shows.

This country is becoming a laughing stock with some people prepared to find anything to be offended about, it wouldn't be so bad if it was themselves that were offended but most of the time they are offended for other cultures. I read yesterday of a pensioner who had repainted a black figure on a Native American totem pole he had erected in his garden white after a “woke neighbour” complained to police that it was racist.

Edited by iansheff

I wouldn't have gone to see him, but what gives the snowflakes the right to tell me what I can and cannot watch?

Will they soon decide what we can think?

Are the snowflakes just adding fuel to his act in future: "Here's one the XXXXX in Sheffield wouldn't let me tell. There's this VVVVVV....."

On 27/08/2021 at 07:30, pattricia said:

Why not just let him carry on entertaining the people who like his act ? 

Totally agree if you dont like it ,dont go.

Bit like telling a veggie you have to eat meat

On 28/08/2021 at 19:18, Jim Hardie said:

That’s not an explanation.

A paid private show is exactly that. Anyone cant see it

37 minutes ago, actionman said:

A paid private show is exactly that. Anyone cant see it

Eh?