Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Personally not a fan of Chubby Brown, but I defend the right of anyone who is to go and see him.

Isn't that why they sell tickets? So that only those who choose to, go and see him?

Stay at home if you find him offensive.

On the posters for his shows it plainly says 18+ only NO children & if your easily offended please stay away.

Should say 'if your not easily offended tuff luck - Snowflakes have decided it's not your decision :loopy:

Keep safe.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Personally not a fan of Chubby Brown, but I defend the right of anyone who is to go and see him.

Isn't that why they sell tickets? So that only those who choose to, go and see him?

Stay at home if you find him offensive.

So I could start an openly racist thread on SF, but put a warning in the thread title saying "keep out if you don't like a bit of casual racism", and you would defend my right to do so, and for others to join in?

If there is a moral difference in the two situations, please explain it.

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

So I could start an openly racist thread on SF, but put a warning in the thread title saying "keep out if you don't like a bit of casual racism", and you would defend my right to do so, and for others to join in?

If there is a moral difference in the two situations, please explain it.

It's not the same at all. 

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's not the same at all. 

That’s not an explanation.

12 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s not an explanation.

As it was such a ridiculous comparison I didn't feel the need to explain. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

As it was such a ridiculous comparison I didn't feel the need to explain. 

For us hard of thinking, let’s have it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

For us hard of thinking, let’s have it anyway.

Lol. Oh OK then. 

Starting an openly racist thread is against forum rules whether there is a warning in the title or not. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Lol. Oh OK then. 

Starting an openly racist thread is against forum rules whether there is a warning in the title or not. 

I think that’s a bit of a cop out, lol.
For the record, I’m on your side of the argument and Post 40 states it far better than I ever could, but I would struggle to answer Bargepole’s post. Telling him it’s against forum rules doesn’t address his point.

I take offence to the Dreamboys - Too Hard To Resist UK Tour as it's degrading to men !
How about cancelling this one !
Women seeing men as sex objects, it's disgraceful.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

I think that’s a bit of a cop out, lol.
For the record, I’m on your side of the argument and Post 40 states it far better than I ever could, but I would struggle to answer Bargepole’s post. Telling him it’s against forum rules doesn’t address his point.

A cop out? 

Moi?? 

How very dare you 😁

OK, perhaps it was a bit of a side step but I do feel the point he made was a daft one to a point. It's comparing apples (a venue which hosts a wide variety of different acts, some adult only) with oranges (a local family friendly forum where even swears are prohibited) 

Chubby Brown tells sexist, filthy, unfunny and occasionally racist jokes. If I want to go see somone like that then unless it's illegal I don't see why some middle class Karen should be able to stop me just because she may be offended. 

Offended by something she isn't going to see in the 1st place. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

A cop out? 

Moi?? 

How very dare you 😁

OK, perhaps it was a bit of a side step but I do feel the point he made was a daft one to a point. It's comparing apples (a venue which hosts a wide variety of different acts, some adult only) with oranges (a local family friendly forum where even swears are prohibited) 

Chubby Brown tells sexist, filthy, unfunny and occasionally racist jokes. If I want to go see somone like that then unless it's illegal I don't see why some middle class Karen should be able to stop me just because she may be offended. 

Offended by something she isn't going to see in the 1st place. 

Chubby Brown knows his audience. He knows how to make it laugh and that’s what he’s paid for.
I’ve never seen him but I’ve seen Bernard Manning two or three times. Once was at a dinner dance at the Grosvenor. I was with my mum and dad and feared I would be embarrassed but he was as good as gold in front of a mixed audience. The other times he was exactly what he was famous for. I remember him being secretly recorded in front of an all male audience of policemen and he got slaughtered by the press for the content of his material but boy, did he make them laugh. Like Chubby Brown, he knew his audience.

The only time Terry Fox who decided on this has made anyone laugh was probably when he got the job as leader of the council, I don't really want the likes of Fox telling me what I can and can't watch, Brown went past his sell by date years ago IMO but it was never a hate filled act in anyway.