Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

I think that Brown is loathsome, but I don't think SCT should've cancelled his gig. 

Edited by Mister M

The problem with the cancel culture is that there is never a clear criteria that determines when an organisation like SCT can hold their hands up and say 'we did wrong, we shouldn't have allowed that show to be booked'. It's just a knee jerk reaction to someone complaining about it, when other artists in a similar vein will fly under the complainant's radar.

The lack of criteria means a lack of consistency; so they'll ban Roy Chubby Brown, but not an act like Jimmy Carr for instance. For the people who complained about Brown, which Jimmy Carr jokes about rape, paedophilia and homosexuality do you enjoy? 

(FWIW Jimmy Carr is next March, tickets are on sale. I think he's great.)

I thought he was down to playing working mens clubs and such.

I can't stand the man. I find his humour about as funny as an ingrowing toe nail but to ban him because he may offend some Karen or Kevin is pathetic. 

If you don't like him don't watch him but there people who enjoy his shows. 

What about them? 

Is he not dead yet? Jeez . . .

I'm not a fan but to cancel his gigs because the odd snowflake doesn't want him here is pathetic. If you don't like him then don't go, it's not difficult.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I can't stand the man. I find his humour about as funny as an ingrowing toe nail but to ban him because he may offend some Karen or Kevin is pathetic. 

What about them? 

Nobody's banned anything. The city Hall have decided they don't want his particular brand of sexist, misogynistic 'humour' in their venue. There's nothing at all stopping him from moving his show to another venue in Sheffield (assuming he can find one willing to take him) 

34 minutes ago, slh73 said:

Nobody's banned anything. The city Hall have decided they don't want his particular brand of sexist, misogynistic 'humour' in their venue. There's nothing at all stopping him from moving his show to another venue in Sheffield (assuming he can find one willing to take him) 

He's not being banned from performing at the city Hall then? 

He can still appear can he? 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

He's not being banned from performing at the city Hall then? 

He can still appear can he? 

No. His shows been cancelled. I'm sure if he came back next year with different material they'd gladly have him back

4 minutes ago, slh73 said:

No. His shows been cancelled..

Snipped 

So he's been banned then. 

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

What about them? 

So it's OK to be racist in the right setting, that's your argument?