Tv Won't Start

33 minutes ago, cressida said:

Another thing,  my laptop and tablet were losing power this last two days and we have to plug them into the mains,  I don't know if there has been a power cut but when they were charged they only lasted a half hour and then had to be recharged (?)

That suggests the internal batteries are on their way out, if they cannot retain a charge - how old are they? They are showing as fully charged when you unplug them from the mains?

The tablet is about five years old and the laptop was bought this year

1 minute ago, cressida said:

The tablet is about five years old and the laptop was bought this year

The tablet could be getting a bit tired, although the battery should last a good while, the laptop shouldn't be having that problem. Is the issue still occurring?

Is it just a coincidence that we are having problems with the TV too,  are they linked in some way,  on the net it mentions 'Bad Power' 

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

Is it just a coincidence that we are having problems with the TV too,  are they linked in some way,  on the net it mentions 'Bad Power' 

They are not 'linked' as such, but if might be an idea to get your electrics checked. Exactly where is this 'Bad Power' statement coming from?

Bad Power was mentioned as one of the replies from experts to questions about red flashing lights on TV,

son looked at the electrics board in the meter cupboard,  all in order there.

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

Bad Power was mentioned as one of the replies from experts to questions about red flashing lights on TV,

son looked at the electrics board in the meter cupboard,  all in order there.

OK - I know nothing about TV's - especially smart ones - so I'll leave that for someone who does.

Have you recharged the laptop and tablet since last night?  If yes, are they working as expected or are you still having problems?

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - I know nothing about TV's - especially smart ones - so I'll leave that for someone who does.

Have you recharged the laptop and tablet since last night?  If yes, are they working as expected or are you still having problems?

To ruddy smart, Roly.

Exactly why I stick to my 8, nearly 9 year-old dumb one, @Padders- why I won't be going for an all-singing, all-dancing one when it does eventually expire.

Edited by RollingJ

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Exactly why I stick to my 8, nearly 9 year-old dumb one, @Padders- why I won't be going for an all-singing, all-dancing one when it does eventually expire.

Well I was having the same problem as Cressy, had to keep unplugging it to get it working, eventually I'd had enough...

I put my face up to the screen, and said

"Listen smart arse, I've had enough of you playing silly buggers, cut it out  or your going on the naughty step"

Now smart TV's hate being threatened with the naughty step, where nobody can watch them..

I've had no trouble since..

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Yes both working but plugged into the mains

Thanks all for your contributions,  from what I've read it is not an uncommon problem

Edited by cressida

My wife has a tv on an indoor aerial in the bedroom, it works fine until I go anywhere near it when it goes berserk.

Come to think about it so does she.

Edited by crookesey
Last paragraph