Tv Won't Start

It normally starts when a blue light comes on but atm a red light keeps flashing continuously,

any ideas?

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

It normally starts when a blue light comes on but atm a red light keeps flashing continuously,

any ideas?

My TV has a mind of it's own......

Had the same problem, switch it of at the mains for about 30secs, then back on..

ok thank you I'll try that

Not tv but my Humax recorder many times has no sound on start up and unplugging from the mains sorts it out.

Thanks the son thinks it needs new batteries,  he's bringing some home,  see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Your TV runs on batteries? 🤯

For the handset and the remote

Edited by cressida

Is it Samsung?

I had one that did that. New capacitors in the power board sorted it. Common fault apparently, although Samsung don't think so!

I'm not a TV engineer so get a qualified person to look at it, if it isn't the battery issue you mention.

EDIT: Cancel that, don't remember seeing a blue light on my Samsung TV.

Edited by zach

6 hours ago, cressida said:

any ideas?

our flat screen  samsung tv in bedroom does that in the middle of the night, same time every night flashes blue and red for about 5 mins weird?

Google says,

If the TV won't turn on, then turn your TV off, and unplug it from the plug sockets, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in, and switch it on.

This is called a "Soft Reset" and should recalibrate the TV.

But I assume you've already tried that.

Just thought of another daft thing..

I couldn't get the tele on, put new batteries in the remote, no good...

Went to Argos to buy a new remote, they hadn't got one in stock..

Had another look at my remote, and found one of the buttons was stuck down, freed it and the TV worked.

The remote is ok,  our TV is a Technica,  son has been on to them and was told to buy a USB stick which he has just gone out to buy,  the telly was still flashing red all night.

Another thing,  my laptop and tablet were losing power this last two days and we have to plug them into the mains,  I don't know if there has been a power cut but when they were charged they only lasted a half hour and then had to be recharged (?)