How Do I Stop Our Dog Farting.

Our dog is my best pal , we go every where together, he sleeps at my feet and is there with a nuzzle and a wagging tail if I am down in the dumps .

However he has one fault , A fault that causes visitors to flee and us to cover our noooasers with a  pillow , He farts , He farts for England, he can stink out a room be it at the pub or in a aero hanger , the smell is awful like old cabbage mixed with rotting fish skin .

So any advise please , How do we stop him letting them go , we have tried funny shaped dishes to slow his eating down , tablets from the vets , starving and spraying him wi scent but now't works he just carries on through thick and thin , I might have to move out .

A cork works well but after a while take him to an open space and remove it , to stop the build up of pressure .😀

Stop blaming it on the poor dog.   Go and see your doctor.      🤣

29 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A cork works well but after a while take him to an open space and remove it , to stop the build up of pressure .😀

Why not attach a balloon to the offending orifice.

6 minutes ago, francypants said:

Stop blaming it on the poor dog.   Go and see your doctor.      🤣

Valid point Francy,

He does sup a lot of that chemical beer called Stooooooness.

Hmmm... :huh:

Readers of a certain age will no doubt remember the childhood delight of scoffing a full packet of parma violets and then breathing the scented fragrance over anyone who came close.

I'm thinking that this may also have a similar effect on Fido's digestive system. :idea:

If you were to secrete one such sweetie into his daily Bonio treat, you may soon have a companion who you would once again be proud to call your best friend...

... and it will also save you a small fortune in air freshener! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Readers of a certain age will no doubt remember the childhood delight of scoffing a full packet of parma violets and then breathing the scented fragrance over anyone who came close.

I'm thinking that this may also have a similar effect on Fido's digestive system. :idea:

If you were to secrete one such sweetie into his daily Bonio treat, you may soon have a companion who you would once again be proud to call your best friend...

What an excellent reply,

Think you have solved the problem :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I can think of a better place to put the Parma Violets

piece of lead behind the ear.

(from Grandad's old Luger) :nono:

Kidding 

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

However he has one fault , A fault that causes visitors to flee and us to cover our noooasers with a  pillow , He farts , He farts for England, he can stink out a room be it at the pub or in a aero hanger , the smell is awful like old cabbage mixed with rotting fish skin .

Stop feeding him cabbage, it may be cheaper but its not worth it. Try a food with more meat, like Millies Wolfheart.

https://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/dog-food/60-meat-fish-recipes/farmers-mix

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Stop feeding him cabbage, it may be cheaper but its not worth it. Try a food with more meat, like Millies Wolfheart.

https://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/dog-food/60-meat-fish-recipes/farmers-mix

The mutt might be being fed rotting fish skins - cheaper than cabbage :gag:

12 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Our dog is my best pal , we go every where together, he sleeps at my feet and is there with a nuzzle and a wagging tail if I am down in the dumps .

So any advise please , How do we stop him letting them go , we have tried funny shaped dishes to slow his eating down , tablets from the vets , starving and spraying him wi scent but now't works he just carries on through thick and thin , I might have to move out .

You might just have cracked it with your last suggestion. 😄

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

You might just have cracked it with your last suggestion. 😄

The dog would follow me .