Morcombe V Sheffield Wednesday

Not being funny but if we can’t beat this non league outfit then it’s time to pack it in.

Guest sibon

First ever league fixture between these two clubs. The only previous game being a win for Wednesday in the FA cup ten years ago.

Newly promoted sides are always dangerous and I anticipate a close game. This could be where we concede our first goal of the season, but I’m going for a win. That would take us into the international break as league leaders. We’ve not been able to say that very often.

Another first league meeting, Morecambe have an inform striker in Cole Stockton but the Owls have an inform defence and goalkeeper.

Possible banana skin but I'll go for an Owls win.

Potential banana skin, decent side on their day on home soil, Luongo out as predicted by yours truly, caught his studs in the turf at S60, strained knee ligaments, at least 10 weeks out, shame as he had a storming game, and really looked the difference, tackles passes interceptions, stats had him best player by a distance, very busy player, just costs a fortune wages wise, way too much to be on  a hospital bed

8 hours ago, prince al said:

Not being funny but if we can’t beat this non league outfit then it’s time to pack it in.

My thoughts precisely 

no games are guaranteed in the league or cup,but hopefully they will continue to win,pity about luongo ,and with windass out,i hope that nasty injury hoodoo is not coming back.

17 hours ago, prince al said:

They’re in the same league as us.

Anyone know why Radio Sheffield are only broadcasting the Wednesday match on D.A.B ? In previous seasons matches have been on either FM& Freeview or a.m&D.A.B but a.m seems to have disappeared ?

4 minutes ago, redbig said:

Anyone know why Radio Sheffield are only broadcasting the Wednesday match on D.A.B ? In previous seasons matches have been on either FM& Freeview or a.m&D.A.B but a.m seems to have disappeared ?

Probably because Utd are away at Luton.

5 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Probably because Utd are away at Luton.

I get that but they're on FM. Last season in this situation Wednesday would be on a.m&d.a.b, but today they're only on d.a.b. 

Only asking as I don't have a d.a.b Radio

Oh right, like you say it always used to say which match was on a.m. and dab whilst another was on FM, seems a bit strange not being on a.m.

Today's line up at Morecambe,  4 changes to the Rotherham line up.