Utd V Udders

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

And Brewster,what a waste.

Liverpool might activate that buy-back clause😀

What can I say?  I need a pint & to calm down.  Tripe of the highest order today from the Blades.  Like watching a team full of Ray Wilkins.  Endless passes before we even get over the halfway line.  

We start with £40 million 'talented' strike force in Brewster & McBurnie & yet end up bringing a couple of pensioners on, Sharp & McGoldrick to try & change things.  

Blades need to find a way to sharpen up in front of goal

Billy sharp and the fellow strikers need more cutting edge

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

What can I say?  I need a pint & to calm down.  Tripe of the highest order today from the Blades.  Like watching a team full of Ray Wilkins.  Endless passes before we even get over the halfway line.  

We start with £40 million 'talented' strike force in Brewster & McBurnie & yet end up bringing a couple of pensioners on, Sharp & McGoldrick to try & change things.  

Wow that's harsh , dont bring ray wilkins into this ? Not his fault your xxxxe😀😀

Edited by owl.66

34 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Endless passes in their own half is the way most teams play these days; it’s what’s wrong with the modern game. I blame Spain.
Hats off for posting - the thread has become a SWFC supporters’ pay-back thread since 5 o’clock, lol.

There is currently something radically wrong at SUFC both behind the scenes, which we can't see and on the pitch , which is all too evident..

Changes need to be made quickly on both fronts before the Club ends up being relegated again.

Get rid of the dead wood, even if it means taking a loss and back the manager with new recruits.

Supporters have now had over a year with virtually nothing to cheer! Enough is enough!

The adage says it's a marathon, not a sprint. Fingers crossed it is, because we've lost the sprint by a country mile.

echo.

52 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

And Brewster,what a waste.

I bet whoever negotiated that deal got a reyt bonus🤣

20 minutes ago, echo beach said:

There is currently something radically wrong at SUFC both behind the scenes, which we can't see and on the pitch , which is all too evident..

Changes need to be made quickly on both fronts before the Club ends up being relegated again.

Get rid of the dead wood, even if it means taking a loss and back the manager with new recruits.

Supporters have now had over a year with virtually nothing to cheer! Enough is enough!

The adage says it's a marathon, not a sprint. Fingers crossed it is, because we've lost the sprint by a country mile.

echo.

Its a combination of a few things really, theres the hangover from last season, strikers lost the scoring habit, its going to take some rediscovering, I recall watching mcburne play for scotland in a game last season and he looked a shadow of the swansea player who was banging in goals.

The other is the switch in formation and approach, from a defensive 352 to an attacking 433, the players played the same system week in week out for 5 seasons and enjoyed success, it doesnt always click for some, and the transition may be hard to make for others.

Jokanovic is  a top championship manager, but his styles well known, maybe a manager that plays a similar system to what the players are confident in would have been the wiser choice.

I only saw the last 15 minutes of the game when I got back, but you dont look as solid at the back as they were previously either, and again the defenders are having to adapt to a new style, in a more attacking style your bound to concede more goals, so you have to be confident your going to outscore the opposition, and at the minute thats not happening.

53 minutes ago, echo beach said:

echo.

The team has needed freshening up since the turn of the year, the chairman doesn’t have the funds and gambled with the parachute money and lost.

I’m sure I heard Andy Giddins on RS say the manager wouldn’t be seeing the Ramsdale money either, can’t see there being many takers for the other players unless you sell at a huge loss.

6 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

The more I watch Slav, the more I'm convinced it's only just dawning on him what exactly he's let himself in for. I felt sorry for him the other night when he was trying to justify the absence of Ramsdale. He couldn't wait to get out either could he. Will Slav be here at season end? He needs to get out now and start mumbling about broken promises, it could be the  only way he's going to save a bit of his reputation

Well if some of the rumours that I've heard from Blades fans about Jokanovic not being given such as the Ramsdale money, (although that deal has only just been finalised), & also that the full parachute money won't be released, (again rumours?), I could see us looking for a new manager before Christmas, if Jokanovic has to work with the squad that he has, less any of those that we offload?  And based on tne past few games, a few of them need offloading. 

42 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I don't think unites finances are as healthy as some think. Thought Berge had upped his tempo in the game against Huddersfield as well. He obviously wants away and I reckon someones told him he'll not get a move whilst he's putting lacklustre performances in like he has been, jogging around the pitch without a care in the world just isn't going to cut it and he needs to sell himself. There's obvious talent there but little effort has been on show.

They are not healthy at all, up to their neck in debt with an owner that is a pauper in football terms, they gambled big time on staying in the Prem. They need new faces and I feel they may have to take a big hit on the expensive flops to bring some money in.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

They are not healthy at all, up to their neck in debt with an owner that is a pauper in football terms, they gambled big time on staying in the Prem. They need new faces and I feel they may have to take a big hit on the expensive flops to bring some money in.

You’ve been trotting this bull out on here for over a decade now and the Blades aren’t bankrupt yet. Just  because you want it to be true doesn’t mean it is.