Former Hallam Mp Charged With Fraud Over Invoices

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So what's the latest line of defence of Raab, from CCHQ today Hacks?

None needed

Just now, hackey lad said:

None needed

There's quite a few of Raab's colleagues on his own back benchers who are furious with  this.

Still, no doubt Raab has the confidence of the supreme leader and moral compass of our country, Boris Johnson. And when you have the confidence of someone of great moral virtue as Johnson, who are the little people to complain.

I do love the way this topic has moved away from its main pint, ably aided by certain posters.

But I'm not surprised in the least - after all, Mr. O'Mara was a useful, effective MP, wasn't he?

1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

I still have a higher opinion of Jared O'Mara than the Hallam MP who came before him. Now what was his name? You know the one who got a ministerial salary for him and about half the MPs in his party and all he had to do was deliver the votes of his supposedly progressive party to the Conservatives. Oh, you know the bloke. Come to think of it I can't remember the name of his party, either.

Why do you have a higher opinion of Jared ?

Did not this thread ought to be closed so that it doesn't influence potential jurors  - possibly in Sheffield Crown Court ?

45 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I do love the way this topic has moved away from its main pint, ably aided by certain posters.

But I'm not surprised in the least - after all, Mr. O'Mara was a useful, effective MP, wasn't he?

Well there's not much to discuss until the trial is really over, just on the off chance of someone making a remark & prejudicing the trial. 

Effective MP?  Someone who struggled to turn up to the House of Commons because of the noise of the Commons Chamber affected his medical conditions but yet he was a club / bar dj? 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well there's not much to discuss until the trial is really over, just on the off chance of someone making a remark & prejudicing the trial. 

Effective MP?  Someone who struggled to turn up to the House of Commons because of the noise of the place affected his medical conditions but yet he was a club / bar dj? 

I agree with your first point - although I personally can't see much risk of that, tbh.

As to the second point - <sarcasm>

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Why do you have a higher opinion of Jared ?

Because I have such a low opinion of bit of a dick, load of smeg. So low in fact that it turns out to not really be about Jared, who in fairness I am actually quite ill-informed about.

On 19/08/2021 at 21:01, Mossway said:

Did not this thread ought to be closed so that it doesn't influence potential jurors  - possibly in Sheffield Crown Court ?

No?

The opinions offered here are the same as you'd get in any pub across the city or on any discussion on Facebook should the topic come up.

Besides as it's involving Parliament won't his case end up at the Old Bailey?

On 19/08/2021 at 20:35, RollingJ said:

He was a workshy waste of space.  I think whats worse is he made quite abit of noise about his disability and equal rights when first entering Parliament, only to then go on and use his disability as an excuse for not bothering to do his job.

When he was suspended from the Labour party after his past was revealed he conveniently took ill.  Only to be spotted out drinking several times by members of the public.

Now it looks like he was fiddling expenses on top of everything, what a horrid little man.

Edited by geared