Scc Approve New Hillsbourgh Event

9 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

I am not sure that they will be any better.

What do you want then? You've said you want a company which runs trams for the benefit of the community and not for their own business. SYPTE exists for the sole purpose of providing transport across South Yorkshire, is not for profit and will run it for the benefit of the community

Regrettably I have far less confidence than you in the abilities of the SYPTE to provide a customer focused business rather than an operating led one. 

well if scc and from the comments on here,they will need to make some great transport links as it appears that as sheffield has only one park where all big 3 day events ect can be run,i have learnt a lot as i thought other venues would be available,but i will now have agree that hillsbrough park is the only venue to hold these events,i think though in time scc will have to make a area available other than hillsbrough park as i believe the residents and the ground area wont be sustainable to hold them every summer year on year,

Just seen this thread. I spoke at the Licensing meeting and have previously posted this on social media in the Hillsborough area. 

It's one off gigs not a festival that will recur - SJM plan 2 dates plus a 3rd added if the tickets sell well - Friday to Sunday only will be allowed. 

The estimated build time is 7 to 8 days with a fence but access to the park will be mainly maintained other than for 3 to 4 days. I don't know about take down time and reinstating full access. The event area will be a lot smaller than Tramlines – not the whole park.   The Tramlines build time with limited access to the park was 20 days this year - Tramlines said it was 2 days longer due to the Government rules that allowed the event to go ahead. 

I spoke at the Licensing meeting seeking to raise awareness of the local impacts and sought a decision that did not give blanket permission for all dates from May to September in 2023 and 2024 on behalf of local residents and park users. 

I made 3 requests:  

-Should not be held within 1 month of the Tramlines restricted park access period noting that Tramlines appear to be settling into a consistent date slot in late July. 
-Should not further restrict access to Hillsborough Park during summer school holidays. 
-Should avoid clashing with a Sheffield Wednesday home match. 

I was fully aware that there are no criteria under the Licensing Act 2003 which would result in anything other than the decision made by the Licensing Committee. From the start Hillsborough Greens have taken a pragmatic approach to work with SJM Concerts to minimise impacts on local residents on the basis that the concerts will go ahead. SJM have a lot of experience of inner city concerts and have shown a willingness to engage with us to understand the local issues they need to manage. 

It may well spell good news for Arctic Monkeys fans (the most likely headliners) but, as with Tramlines, there are mixed feelings among local residents especially those who live close to the stage on Parkside Road and Broughton Road. But it's going ahead if the headline acts are available to book and we will be looking to work with SJM to minimise the impacts on local residents.

SJM Concerts said that Don Valley Bowl has a capacity of only 15,000 which will have limited attraction to concert promoters adjacent to the 12,000 capacity Arena.  SJM advised at the meeting that they actively sought Hillsborough Park - the licensed capacity of 40,000 fits the size of events they want to promote.

Thank you for that post

yes thanks for clearing that up,noticed no mention of the owls in the park event is that july,this i am told will be for 2 days if they go up,this is not set in stone,but i thought i would mention it,plus 2-3 funfair weeks in the summer,and the circus,its going to be a full on timetable for the area,what we need is like some citys have is a big event space,indoor /outdoor that can attract people at christmas with funfair/christmas theme winterwonderland,then use it for some big events in the summer,plus use it for some part of the side music for tramlines and also the bonfire spectacular,but where? it would be great for the city as well,scc could make money as well.