20,000 Afghan Refugees Coming To The Uk.

9 minutes ago, butlers said:

Of course not.

If they were put in accommodation somewhere  leafy that would just lead to a different moan .

Tiresome

Yes, some people (posters) are, but the ones that make claims without back-up, just for the sake of it, annoy me.

I'm waiting to see where they are accommodated - if that information is publicly available, and the claims such as that by @HumbleNarrator, can then be addressed.

Same with with claim Hallam.Towers was demolished to stop being used as temp, accomodation.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Same with with claim Hallam.Towers was demolished to stop being used as temp, accomodation.

Yep, really believable, that one - not.😂

Maybe, but its uncontestable that refugees are very very rarely hosted in wealthier, affluent areas, precisely the areas, these days, which are most ardent in the demands to allow more.

On 25/08/2021 at 10:51, HumbleNarrator said:

Within Sheffield certain areas that are home to most of the "refugees-are-welcome" brigade should take their fare share of refugees instead of them being dumped on all the usual places.

ARE YOU LISTENING DORE AND TOTLEY, BEAUCHIEF,  MILLHOUSES ,ETC??  lets build some refugee centres in your areas for a change eh?

The real reason Hallam Tower was demolished was so that it couldn't be used as a refugee holding place. 

I don't know about Hallam Towers, but as more and more refugees and immigrants come into the country, they will take their rightful place in government office, and  also have to meet the challenges housing shortages for the new immigrants, the poor, and the homeless.

I don't see those enclaves of the rich one percenters being safe from diverse development.

And how long can that gem of Sheffield, The Peak district, with towns like , Hathersage, Castleton, Grindleford,  Bakewell, etc, remain exclusive.

I'm still P.O'd about that local gem known to us snotty nosed Heeley urchins, as  Cat Lane, Far Lees, and Rollin Woods where we roamed and learned about nature (and life, Lol).

It was razed in favor of Gleadless Valley, where later, ironically, I was to contribute to it's development, as an electrician for Holiday, Hall, and Stinson on the building site.

But you can't stop "progress".

Toad's Mouth Flats, anyone?

Edited by trastrick

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I don't see those enclaves of the rich one percenters being safe from diverse development.

And how long can that gem of Sheffield, The Peak district, with towns like , Hathersage, Castleton, Grindleford,  Bakewell, etc, remain exclusive.

"Safe from diverse development" - Uggh. Yes, yes, I know you think Muslims are bad people.

The thing that keeps Peak villages exclusive are high property prices butressed by tight planning restrictions and sod the great unwashed masses, refugees or otherwise, who would like better housing in a nicer environment but find they cannot afford it.

20 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I know that some are in a hotel by Derek Dooley Way/Wicker. Where do you imagine they will ultimately end up being housed? It will be all the usual ghetto's, at arms length from the goodie-goodie's  in Hallam who wanted them here.

There has been a  council bungalow on Bevan Way empty for four years ,although the council say the rent is being paid so there is now't they can do , It was let to a single mother who has never moved in but collects mail now and then so how many properties are just used for convenience address and why do the so called council officers let them get away with it when so many people need Homes .

Plenty of room in Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace, Windsor Castle and Balmoral ect.  :hihi:

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

There has been a  council bungalow on Bevan Way empty for four years ,although the council say the rent is being paid so there is now't they can do , It was let to a single mother who has never moved in but collects mail now and then so how many properties are just used for convenience address and why do the so called council officers let them get away with it when so many people need Homes .

Which is completely false as you're bound as a tenant to live in the property. Except in extenuating circumstances, agreed with the council, you must not leave the property empty for more than 42 days.

13 minutes ago, Resident said:

Which is completely false as you're bound as a tenant to live in the property. Except in extenuating circumstances, agreed with the council, you must not leave the property empty for more than 42 days.

well the officer was told by a few local residents and that was the answer she gave .

3 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

"Safe from diverse development" - Uggh. Yes, yes, I know you think Muslims are bad people.

The thing that keeps Peak villages exclusive are high property prices butressed by tight planning restrictions and sod the great unwashed masses, refugees or otherwise, who would like better housing in a nicer environment but find they cannot afford it.

Lol

You should see someone about your delusions, and telepathic abilities to devine what others, "think".

Diverse development means mixed land use.  Agricultural, Industrial, Commercial, Recreational, and Residential - both high and low density.

Google it. Or ask your Mom.

And why pick on "Muslims" Hmmmmm?

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Diverse development means mixed land use.  Agricultural, Industrial, Commercial, Recreational, and Residential - both high and low density.

Oh, ... I'm very sorry about that. How mortifying to have made the mistake of thinking you were objecting to community diversity when it was mixed land use you were objecting to.

Strange though, HumbleNarrator who you quoted was concerned with where Afghan refugees were going to be relocated to. Still it's nice to hear that you have abandoned your former concerns over Muslims (after your first paragraph) and having put that behind are now so deeply engaged in questions of town planning (beginning of your second paragraph). Good on you and please accept my apologies for the (newly) unfounded accusations contained in my last post.

Edited by Carbuncle