20,000 Afghan Refugees Coming To The Uk.

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

So we are allowing 20000 Afghan refugees to  come to this country are we??? i am assuming these will all be men then? judging by all the men at kabul airport stupidly thinking they could stay on the undercarriage after take off?

please forgive me but why do they leave all the women and children to face the wrath of the Taliban? total cowards stand and fight for your country!

if we take a geographical look at the region there are plenty of countries around them of Muslim nature, so why on earth our little green and sadly not as pleasant now land is the target???.................ah England the land of milk and honey and free housing. madness.

70,000 people in the Afghan security services died fighting the Taliban. They died fighting for their country. 

Your continue to shart your ignorance about other issues. Embarrassing 

Just now, sibon said:

Blimey. I’m in total agreement with The_DADDY and Baron.

That’s an odd feeling

Don't worry about it. Have a quick shower and you'll feel all clean and fresh again in no time 👍

3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

So we are allowing 20000 Afghan refugees to  come to this country are we??? i am assuming these will all be men then? judging by all the men at kabul airport stupidly thinking they could stay on the undercarriage after take off?

please forgive me but why do they leave all the women and children to face the wrath of the Taliban? total cowards stand and fight for your country!

if we take a geographical look at the region there are plenty of countries around them of Muslim nature, so why on earth our little green and sadly not as pleasant now land is the target???.................ah England the land of milk and honey and free housing. madness.

They make a great naan bread, so hopefully they'll be more outlets opening across the UK.

👍 

I have no problem giving asylum to the refugees but I think the government need to adequately finance the additional burden on housing, NHS, education, welfare benefits and other support requirements to convince a lot of the British public 

We seemed to have found £22,000,000,000 to fund war in Afghanistan .

Definitely have more sympathy with people feeling the current situation in Afghanistan than the hoards of "dinghy scroungers" fleeing war-torn France and accommodated at taxpayers' expense in decent hotels all over the UK (very much including the Holiday In Express off Blonk St)

we should be concentrating our aid efforts on Haiti and the earthquake than Afghanistan far more deserving of media and foreign aid.

We can easily do both.

To abandon the Afghanis who worked side by side helping our troops would set a terrible example and deter any future assistance in other situations..

We owe them that.

Edited by butlers

So where & how does this 'Over the next 5 years work?'

If its imperative we take in 20,000 'mostly Women and Children' out of the reach of the Taliban.

Where are they going to be for the next 5 years?

'look at us' we're going to take in all these people - over the next 5 years is hogwash.

Will the Taliban let them out of the country?

I'd say doubtful.

There's more chance they will be held as bargaining chips against the West now their men (?)

folk have abandoned them.

Keep safe.

Afghanistan is dirt poor.

3/4 of it's government funding is from foreign aid