Probably Sounds A Bit Weird Question

Where do sheffield council workers  go to the toilet while working on repairing the outside of houses . Especially if there isn't one available and is it allowed to do it in the trees/bushes on the street?

Edited by Jackson21
Addition to the post

Of course it’s not allowed but of course they do it anyway.

1 hour ago, Jackson21 said:

Where do sheffield council workers  go to the toilet while working on repairing the outside of houses . Especially if there isn't one available and is it allowed to do it in the trees/bushes on the street?

The same as anyone else. If no one can see his willie, there has been no indecent exposure.

Will it harm the bushes, no.

back of the van ,like most old time builders ,have done for years.milk bottle and carrier bag come to mind,but modern builders have toilets on site

There's no indecent exposure but when they're doing a number 2   that's bad isn't it.  There are a number of pubs in the area they could go there 

5 minutes ago, Jackson21 said:

There's no indecent exposure but when they're doing a number 2   that's bad isn't it.  There are a number of pubs in the area they could go there 

Maybe it was due to a medical condition. I once had to go when I was running a marathon, I had to get the keys for the toilet at the petrol station that I was running past.

55 minutes ago, bassett one said:

back of the van ,like most old time builders ,have done for years.milk bottle and carrier bag come to mind,but modern builders have toilets on site

Got there ahead of me.  That's the usual procedure according to a friend in the trade.  Bucket in back of van, portaloo or go and find some store or pub nearby. 

Of course there is the odd horror story about freshly filled plastic bags or drinks bottles being burried in someone's foundations or shoved between the drywall.   

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Got there ahead of me.  That's the usual procedure according to a friend in the trade.  Bucket in back of van, portaloo or go and find some store or pub nearby. 

Of course there is the odd horror story about freshly filled plastic bags or drinks bottles being burried in someone's foundations or shoved between the drywall.   

I'm surprised this allowed given the paperwork I had to fill in for Guinness partnership for a  single solitary job about a decade back. Half an A4 sheet alone on how were providing welfare facilities for our staff working on site (plus a follow up phonecall).  I was working at a conference centre for them!

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Maybe it was due to a medical condition. I once had to go when I was running a marathon, I had to get the keys for the toilet at the petrol station that I was running past.

All the builders on site are doing it

It's even worse for women. I used to travel long distances for site visits. No facilities for women in those days! I used to make a note of every McDonald in the area.

Didn't Paula Radcliffe do one, while running a Marathon?

In 1959 I worked for Parkins the builders who's offices were in Whiston , The site we worked on was at Bradway Tinkers corner .

The foreman was called Jack Horne and he was very strict with us apprentices , he would not let us use the toilets in the nearly finished posh houses and we had to go where ever we could , One of our jobs was to clean the finished houses out and Jack used to inspect our attempts at this by running his fingers on door tops and also in the airing cupboards looking for dust we may have missed , 

The airing cupboard was  ceiling high and Jack had to stretch up to feel the tops rails for any dust without being able to see the spot .

One inspection he stretched up and uttered the foulest building language ever heard on any building site ever .

Snuff ,(nickname) A bricklaying apprentice had done his no two on a sheet of newspaper and stored it on the top shelf of the cupboard knowing that Jack would do his usual trick looking for dust before giving us the usual rollicking , All hell broke loose as Jack was covered in the offending turd , He stopped ourSaturday morning (time and a quarter pay on Saturday) and made our life hell for weeks , but we never saw him do his dust sweep again .

Edited by cuttsie