City Taxis Or Uber?

I generally find Uber is good from the City Centre but often harder to get one when out in the suburbs. When surge pricing isn't in force they are the cheapest option.

Generally I try Uber first, if there are no cars or surge pricing is in operation I then try City Taxis. If no City Taxis available then I try Network (particularly in S8/S17/S18). In the City Centre if all fail then its find a black cab and make sure I have some cash!

On 16/08/2021 at 10:48, HeHasRisen said:

I would hardly call City Taxis a local firm anymore, they have swallowed up numerous firms and have a presence in 6 towns and cities now. Its like saying Boots the Chemist are a local firm in Nottingham.

It doesn't matter if they have swallowed every  taxi firm in every town and city in the UK, they are still local to sheffield because they are still here based in Sheffield serving Sheffielders,   so hence still a local firm.   :loopy:

Ok so Tesco are a local firm in Welwyn Garden City by the same bizarre logic.

Here, have two smileys :loopy::loopy:

Edited by HeHasRisen

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Asda is my local shop because its  just around the corner from where I live, like someone living near a witherspoon pub and calling it their local which wouldn't be wrong,  so it doesn't matter how many of both established companies I've mentioned there are around the country.  The smiley by the way,  was my potrayal of my thoughts of your post,  a short cut.   Because you like em so much here is another for you.   :hihi:

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Does the lawn own or posses the individual leave(s) of grass in it?

In the end a big taxi firm is toothless without its participating local taxi's.

Tesco is a national company, when you point your finger at Welwyn garden city you personally localise a part of this tesco and separate it from the rest to point out that this location is unique and separate from the rest.

Every city taxi is different you never know which or what type or colour will come for you and all drivers are different.

When I call city taxi most of these experiences are the same and standard.

And these smileys usually say more about what is happening in the mind of the people posting them.

Edited by dutch

What is a "Witherspoon" pub? 

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You mean wetherspoon. You can look it up in wikipedia and they have a dirty past just like tesco and other large companies but they were clearly openly against Brexit.

This is about city taxi and not about pubs, shall we stay focussed on this or start a new topic about sheffield pubs? Because wetherspoon is not a local taxi company.

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

WOW!  Pulling me up on a spelling mistake, a bit petty to say the least, here you go,  Wetherspoon,  now I hope you can sleep better tonight.  :roll:

31 minutes ago, dutch said:

You mean wetherspoon. You can look it up in wikipedia and they have a dirty past just like tesco and other large companies but they were clearly openly against Brexit.

This is about city taxi and not about pubs, shall we stay focussed on this or start a new topic about sheffield pubs? Because wetherspoon is not a local taxi company.

By Presleys definition though it is a local pub company in Watford 😂

Edited by HeHasRisen

21 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

WOW!  Pulling me up on a spelling mistake, a bit petty to say the least, here you go,  Wetherspoon,  now I hope you can sleep better tonight.  :roll:

HeHasRisen is one of the more interesting alive users from when this forum was flying. Without people like him (or her, I don't know really) posting on this forum it would die instantly. I would have nothing to say here without people like this, we need more of them, that is what got this forum going at first.

14 hours ago, Andy C said:

In the City Centre if all fail then its find a black cab and make sure I have some cash!

Quite a few of the black cabs now take card - much easier!

Had a bad experience with one driver in April who, because the screens caused limited space in the rear of the car  told me I shouldn’t be using taxis as this caused me difficulty entertaining and leaving the car. In July my son persuaded me to try again and this driver couldn’t have been more helpful- he didn’t have a screen because he felt he couldn’t keep it clean but wore a mask and kept windows open. He advised me to request a car without a screen for future bookings. However this was not an option on the automated system I booked with last week and the car arrived with a screen. When I explained the predicament the driver offered me a front passenger seat, we were both double jabbed, wore masks and had windows open. The latter two drivers couldn’t have been more helpful and patient so the company will continue to have my support