Who Needs A Gun?

Everyone on here is a "keyboard expert", we all have our opinions and state them, and because some of my opinions go against your opinions you feel the need to refer to them as pitchfork mentality.  Thats your opinion again, one I choose to ignore.

As to Rittenhouse

He lives out of state, he chose to visit his friend over the state line and felt the need to bring a deadly weapon with him, as we all do when we stop over at a mates.

He then opted to go into a situation that he knew was likely to be dangerous, again it was vital to take a deadly weapon with him.

Now, being a brit I may be a tad naïve where guns are concerned, but are we SERIOUSLY being expected to believe that he was NOT going to use it???  Or indeed, find a reason to use it?

I know that getting off on guns is the mentality of the NRA and the Republican party and the jury obviously followed that mentality, rightly or wrongly.  Some support that mentality some dont

Again, this is MY opinion, your choice is to like it or lump it.  I know which it will be :)

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

I see you avoided challenging the points made - because you were unable to.

In answer to your question above, the answer is 'anybody with legitimate reason to own one'.

If they have a TRULY legitimate reason to own one then as long as it is the correct weapon for the reason its needed there may not be a problem.  HOWEVER, I suspect there are far too many that do NOT have a truly legitimate reason

America is a prime example of that, how many New Yorkers own an assault rifle to "go hunting"?  Just how dangerous is it going to church in Texas to require a handgun?  We may not like the preacher, but to go armed???

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alchemist said:

If they have a TRULY legitimate reason to own one then as long as it is the correct weapon for the reason its needed there may not be a problem.  HOWEVER, I suspect there are far too many that do NOT have a truly legitimate reason

America is a prime example of that, how many New Yorkers own an assault rifle to "go hunting"?  Just how dangerous is it going to church in Texas to require a handgun?  We may not like the preacher, but to go armed???

However much you or I might wish laws in different national states to align with our own sense of morality, they do not.

In the UK, legitimate reasons for ownership have to be thoroughly evidenced, for each individual weapon and caliber, before permission to obtain them is granted.  The certificate holder must demonstrate established, active membership of a Home Office approved club (using club rifles which are kept securely on club premises), and participation in specific shooting sports disciplines, to obtain target weapons, and similarly prove field sports activity and land permission for a hunting weapon.  The hurdles are many - and so it should be.  That's UK law, and what our Firearms Act specifies as legitimate reason..

Under US law in most states, legitimate reason includes wanting a weapon 'for protection' - a request which would see you firmly prevented from getting anywhere near a firearm in this country.  But in the US, that is - by law - a legitimate reason, whether we in Sheffield agree with it or not.

Police in America shot a 14 year old girl who was just shopping in a department store .

They were shooting at a un armed man at the time .

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Police in America shot a 14 year old girl who was just shopping in a department store .

Of course they were.   They had to use their guns, it turns them on and gives them their kicks

On 28/12/2021 at 09:21, cuttsie said:

The Police were responding to a report of a male suspect assaulting a woman 'with a deadly weapon'.  He was not armed with a firearm, but a 'heavy metal cable lock' was recovered after the shooting. 

That doesn't make their error regarding the girl any less tragic, but let's not stretch the truth.

So here we go  again .more mass shootings at a school , Who needs a gun

Whats up with the yanks?my heart grieves for the dead and parents.

43 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So here we go  again .more mass shootings at a school , Who needs a gun

Not the **** who did the shooting, well not now he's dead :mad:

Bought two rifles on his 18 the birthday 

Can't buy a weak as whotsit American beer till 21.

Warped

You don't need a gun when you've got a car!

36 million licenced drivers in England, killing or seriously injuring someone every 22 minutes [brake.org.uk]

9 minutes ago, Findlay said:

You don't need a gun when you've got a car!

36 million licenced drivers in England, killing or seriously injuring someone every 22 minutes [brake.org.uk]

What has car driving / ownership in England got to do with deliberate atrocities in America caused by gunmen :huh:.

Lost me there Findlay.

Shouldn't be long now  before the post gets gets taken over by Covid deniers, Monkey Pox scare mongers and how to shop for School uniforms in Rotherham 🤣