Who Needs A Gun?

1 minute ago, butlers said:

If that is real it is scary . I know the USA have their rights and I respect that but 

20 hours ago, ab6262 said:

guns dont kill mad people do! if not  gun a knife, if not a knife a bomb......etc etc

Ahh, the usual BS response.  Thanks for that

On 21/11/2021 at 18:55, cuttsie said:

Should a 17 year old kid be allowed to walk around with a semi automatic gun and shoot people . 

He should be allowed to shoot people who attack him with intent to seriously harm him, yes.  You should perhaps look into the details of that case.

58 minutes ago, Caswall said:

He should be allowed to shoot people who attack him with intent to seriously harm him, yes.  You should perhaps look into the details of that case.

Who attacked him .

This is Sheffield forum ,and unless you have been in dreamland  our City has some one being shot on our Streets every week ,

One of those shot not so long ago was a young lad just riding his bike in a shopping area .

It also happened in Liverpool where the young lad involved died . They made a TV programme about it ,(Boy Blue) , I suggest you watch it  then go out and buy your shooter .

On 12/12/2021 at 12:48, cuttsie said:

Who attacked him .

This is Sheffield forum ,and unless you have been in dreamland  our City has some one being shot on our Streets every week ,

One of those shot not so long ago was a young lad just riding his bike in a shopping area .

It also happened in Liverpool where the young lad involved died . They made a TV programme about it ,(Boy Blue) , I suggest you watch it  then go out and buy your shooter .

Oh dear, you should perhaps research before penning emotive silliness.  

First your question “Who attacked him”.   Please allow me to inform you, and help you replace your ignorance with some fact:

-          Rittenhouse shot Huber after he had struck him with a skateboard and pulled on his weapon.

-          He fired on Grosskreutz after the man pointed the pistol he was carrying at him - Grosskreutz acknowledged this when questioned by the defence.

-          He shot Rosenbaum after the man chased him and grabbed his gun.

Rittenhouse also received verbal threats to kill from the trio.  So, while his wisdom in attending the area armed may be questionable, the events immediately leading to shots being fired were quite clear.  That’s why he was not convicted.  Are we learning? 

Next, Sheffield has nothing to do with the Kyle Rittenhouse case that I was discussing when you responded to my post.  You may not have noticed, but this thread is within the General Discussions side of the forum – not the Sheffield subject section.  And, we do not have somebody shot 'every week' in Sheffield.  I have not been living in dreamland; rather, I am simply not a drama queen prone to farcical exaggeration.

And, if you must know, I have seen the film Little Boy Blue.  It was rather a good drama, but it does not prevent me from enjoying a wide range of shooting hobbies.

19 minutes ago, Caswall said:

First your question “Who attacked him”.   Please allow me to inform you, and help you replace your ignorance with some fact:

-          Rittenhouse shot Huber after he had struck him with a skateboard and pulled on his weapon.

-          He fired on Grosskreutz after the man pointed the pistol he was carrying at him - Grosskreutz acknowledged this when questioned by the defence.

Rittenhouse also received verbal threats to kill from the trio.  So, while his wisdom in attending the area armed may be questionable, the events immediately leading to shots being fired were quite clear.  That’s why he was not convicted.  Are we learning? 

Next, Sheffield has nothing to do with the Kyle Rittenhouse case that I was discussing when you responded to my post.  You may not have noticed, but this thread is within the General Discussions side of the forum – not the Sheffield subject section.  And, we do not have somebody shot 'every week' in Sheffield.  I have not been living in dreamland; rather, I am simply not a drama queen prone to farcical exaggeration.

And, if you must know, I have seen the film Little Boy Blue.  It was rather a good drama, but it does not prevent me from enjoying a wide range of shooting hobbies.

Tally ho !!!!!!old chap.

20 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Tally ho !!!!!!old chap.

Pffft! 

I think Caswell  has got the measure of you. 😁

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Pffft! 

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Pffft! 

got me in his sights .

I don’t own a gun but my mate does and I’ve been clay shooting with him a few times. I enjoyed it and would happily go again, it is satisfying when you hit the target so I can see the attraction of it as a sport. Another point, some years ago I remember some yank arguing against greater gun control. The gist of his argument was that criminals would just ignore the law anyway leaving decent law abiding people unarmed. Fast forward and over to Blighty where any little drug dealing scrote worth his salt can get a handgun whereas I a law abiding citizen who has already passed an enhanced DBS check can never own one. This is due to the knee jerk reaction after Dunblane which if memory serves, happened because the laws existing at the time were not enforced. So although I don’t particularly wish to own a handgun I do find some irony in what that yank said at the time.

2 hours ago, Caswall said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt he go out of his way and cross state lines to "defend" himself???  In other words he went armed deliberately looking for trouble with the intent of killing someone