Who Needs A Gun?

Guest makapaka
7 hours ago, crookesey said:

Oh that’s a great idea, dozens of weapons and probably ammunition  stored in the same place with most probably no person in attendance.

Or the alternative where a million individuals are able to access a gun?

fair enough - more thought would have to go into how they were secured etc.

could get rid of em altogether for me was just thinking about people who use them for clay shooting etc but that could go for all I care if it got rid of guns.

13 hours ago, makapaka said:

could get rid of em altogether for me was just thinking about people who use them for clay shooting etc but that could go for all I care if it got rid of guns.

All these massacres over the years seem to be by people who have a gun licence , so the argument for keeping these weapons is a non starter .

17 hours ago, makapaka said:

This reminds me of folk that don’t like other things, get rid of them, l’m not interested in them etc,etc. If someone is so anti firearms as makapake, why have they waited for this tragic murder to vent their wrath?

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

This reminds me of folk that don’t like other things, get rid of them, l’m not interested in them etc,etc. If someone is so anti firearms as makapake, why have they waited for this tragic murder to vent their wrath?

How do you know they have waited until now? Other forms of communication, other than SF, are available.

12 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

How do you know they have waited until now? Other forms of communication, other than SF, are available.

You are quite correct, I should have said on SF.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Farmers need guns.  Gentleman who participate in grouse shooting and clay pigeon shooting events need guns.  Nobody who lives on a council estate or lives in an area like the lunatic from Plymouth should be allowed to own guns. It's unbelievable the Plymouth murderer was given a gun licence.

Don't be such a forelock tugger. The only thing you need to participate in those things is enough money.

No need for participants to own guns, they could easily use ones provided by those running the events.

Edited by altus
Added last paragraph

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Farmers need guns.  Gentleman who participate in grouse shooting and clay pigeon shooting events need guns.  Nobody who lives on a council estate or lives in an area like the lunatic from Plymouth should be allowed to own guns. It's unbelievable the Plymouth murderer was given a gun licence.

In 2021, council estate residents are allowed to shoot clays and grouse.

33 minutes ago, altus said:

Don't be such a forelock tugger. The only thing you need to participate in those things is enough money.

No need for participants to own guns, they could easily use ones provided by those running the events.

can i correct you there , to shoot properly a gun has to be fitted its not like hiring the sweaty shoes at the bowling alley! there are many variations to a good gun fit there is no way it could be  a free for all.

there are also different guns for game and for clays, god forbid using a 32 for game!

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They're  allowed to participate in grouse beating and shouldn't be allowed to participate in the actual shooting.

totally agree some estates breed some jolly fine beaters, cash in hand and  the benefits!

seriously though gun licences in a tower block is not a good idea.

47 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They're  allowed to participate in grouse beating and shouldn't be allowed to participate in the actual shooting.

1/10, must try harder

45 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

can i correct you there , to shoot properly a gun has to be fitted its not like hiring the sweaty shoes at the bowling alley! there are many variations to a good gun fit there is no way it could be  a free for all.

there are also different guns for game and for clays, god forbid using a 32 for game!

totally agree some estates breed some jolly fine beaters, cash in hand and  the benefits!

seriously though gun licences in a tower block is not a good idea.

Next level forelock tugging.

5 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

1/10, must try harder

Next level forelock tugging.

how so??? 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No, gentlemen who participate in grouse shooting WANT guns, they dont need to do it. And for all you know the incel nut job did do some form of recreational shooting. I hope so anyway, or the local plod have an awful lot to answer for.