New Faces Finally Set To Arrive At The Lane

It seems two very important signings have all but been tied up and are to be announced after the weekend.

Ben Davies is a signing that we have desperately needed for so long. Losing JOC has had a massive knock on defensively! We had to try so many different combinations at the back and we were never really able to replace such an important player. To finally have a left sided defender arrive at the club will be a huge sigh of relief.........We tried for the loan to buy option, but it seems Liverpool have knocked us back. Why they want to keep hold of him is beyond me, he won't ever feature for them. It seems they are playing the drive up value and pants down tactics again.

Ronaldo Vieira is somewhat of an unknown quantity after injury ruined his Sampdoria move.... Looking at videos of him pre injury, he looks a decent signing. Chases the ball down and wins many a challenge. He looks to be in a similar mould of Berge maybe, so I guess we can read into this one can't we....

Slav has openly stated that wants another 2 or 3 after these two as well. He is desperate to bring some attacking width into the club as well as an attacking minded midfielder. 

Positive steps all in all......

21 hours ago, cmonkes said:

It seems two very important signings have all but been tied up and are to be announced after the weekend.

Ben Davies is a signing that we have desperately needed for so long. Losing JOC has had a massive knock on defensively! We had to try so many different combinations at the back and we were never really able to replace such an important player. To finally have a left sided defender arrive at the club will be a huge sigh of relief.........We tried for the loan to buy option, but it seems Liverpool have knocked us back. Why they want to keep hold of him is beyond me, he won't ever feature for them. It seems they are playing the drive up value and pants down tactics again.

Ronaldo Vieira is somewhat of an unknown quantity after injury ruined his Sampdoria move.... Looking at videos of him pre injury, he looks a decent signing. Chases the ball down and wins many a challenge. He looks to be in a similar mould of Berge maybe, so I guess we can read into this one can't we....

Slav has openly stated that wants another 2 or 3 after these two as well. He is desperate to bring some attacking width into the club as well as an attacking minded midfielder. 

We need em, sorry to say McBurnie works hard but he's no footballing ability whatsoever , he's had enough time now to prove himself and he's failed,  miserably,  Burke looks lethargic and seems to be there because he runs fast, and Mousset has talent but doesn't put a shift in. 

Fleck and Norwood look past it I'm sorry to say, Norwood will be ok at this level,  but can't cut it in premiership,  get the youngsters and a few signings in, give the manager time to rebuild the squad even if we are in this league for another year, I'd rather have that and go up better equipped in 2 years time

Unfortunately, Slav has inherited the same shortfalls of the squad that plagued us in the Premier League last year.

We desperately need that attacking / creative midfielder to tuck in behind the forwards.  Vieira potentially solves part of this problem, because he does like to get in and around the box.....But I personally feel we need another player.

Out wide we equally need much more....Burke has pace, but once more he was completely ineffective last night. His effort isn't the worse, but his ability falls short of what we need. He played close to an hour last night and didn't have a single shot (on or off target). Does he suit the new system? Questionable.

I would like to think that Ben Davies will sort out a major problem that we had at the back for quite some time. But for me, we need a massive rethink in the attacking third of the pitch.....I would like to think that the right attacking quality in midfield, would being the best out of McGoldrick and even Brewster. If Billy plays, he will put more away than he misses with the right service.....But I don't see him as a frequent starter either.

For me, the following players are half way out of the door and need a massive improvement to stay.

Fleck

Norwood

Burke

Brewster

Robinson

McBurnie

On 14/08/2021 at 14:03, cmonkes said:

If Vieira is similar to Berge then you’ve wasted your money.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, top4718 said:

If Vieira is similar to Berge then you’ve wasted your money.

I disagree and obviously Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Napoli and many others disagree. No disrespect but I expect they have better footballing brains and knowledge within the ranks than yourself.

He's a top quality player who will go on to big things.

Edited by cmonkes

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

I disagree and obviously Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Napoli and many others disagree. No disrespect but I expect they have better footballing brains and knowledge within the ranks than yourself.

He's a top quality player who will go on to big things.

If he was any good one of those teams would have snapped him by now.

When is he going to show some of that quality with the team that currently employs him?

Edited by top4718

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If he was any good one of those teams would have snapped him by now.

When is he going to show some of that quality with the team that currently employs him?

He's shown plenty of quality in the past and has shown glimpses already, despite a lengthy injury.

But of course Aaron ramsdale is also poor, despite making the England squas and despite being subject of three huge offers from Arsenal 😂

Edited by cmonkes

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

He's shown plenty of quality in the past and has shown glimpses already, despite a lengthy injury.

But of course Aaron ramsdale is also poor, despite making the England squas and despite being subject of three huge offers from Arsenal 😂

He was in a time with the worst start to a season in football history, he's dropped to a lower tier and is still not effectual.

Ramsdale isn't poor, he's garbage, if you'd had serious offers (not paper talk) he'd be gone.

On 16/08/2021 at 00:15, top4718 said:

Ramsdale isn't poor, he's garbage, if you'd had serious offers (not paper talk) he'd be gone.

Now you do look silly....Again....

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Add in the cost of relegation that he played a major part in and he’s cost them about £98m 😂😂

17 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Now you do look silly....Again....

nothing new in that Alex!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

£1.9 m profit kerching!!!! you could run a fake taxi company for years with that amount of money!!!