Stones Bitter On Draft.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I was a regular in the Matilda on Matilda Street in the 60's but the ale always gave me the ****es and a head ache , Stoooooonese in the Lion , Adlephi , Cannon and Norfolk was always spot on , sadly only one of those reputable alehouses still exists . 

I’ll admit there was no inbetweenness with Wards, it was either absolutely wonderful or bloody awful. I’m puzzled as to why none of the many breweries that have popped up in the city haven’t got the recipe for Stones and Wards because I’m sure both would be popular with drinkers over a certain age. 

Edited by Mister Gee

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll admit there was no inbetweenness with Wards, it was either absolutely wonderful or bloody awful. I’m puzzled as to why none of the many breweries that have popped up in the city haven’t got the recipe for Stones and Wards because I’m sure both would be popular with drinkers over a certain age. 

Yeah, but would said drinkers over a certain age be willing to pay the current prices for it or would we hear the familiar Yorkshire cry of "Owww much?"

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Yeah, but would said drinkers over a certain age be willing to pay the current prices for it or would we hear the familiar Yorkshire cry of "Owww much?"

That’s a question for cuttsie, personally I’d gladly pay thirty bob for a pint of Wards.

Edited by Mister Gee

2 hours ago, taxman said:

Stooooneses is £2 a pint in Norfolk Dixon Lane , its not cloudy, watery or served in fancy glasses wi Old Sheep shagggers written on them , its just a pint of beer that tastes and looks like one should .

Is the old Norfolk Arms still going strong then?  The last time I was in there was about four years ago,  I was with my old boss and we were wearing  suit jackets.  We got stared at as if we might have been wearing space suits. 

6 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Is the old Norfolk Arms still going strong then?  The last time I was in there was about four years ago,  I was with my old boss and we were wearing  suit jackets.  We got stared at as if we might have been wearing space suits. 

Yes is  . I will call  in this lunch time for a pint of Stooooneses , How many suites do you see being worn in pubs any where these days , you have more chance of seeing one worn the Norfolk than other Town pubs .

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Yes is  . I will call  in this lunch time for a pint of Stooooneses , How many suites do you see being worn in pubs any where these days , you have more chance of seeing one worn the Norfolk than other Town pubs .

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose that'll be the ones celebrating their latest court verdicts? :hihi:

3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I suppose that'll be the ones celebrating their latest court verdicts? :hihi:

I was always under the impression they were for sitting on......

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

I was always under the impression they were for sitting on......

I thought people in court sat on a jury? :confused:

Guest makapaka

Stones is on in Walkley cottage.

brilliant beer / lager choice in there to be fair.

Edited by makapaka

im struggling to find stones these days in cans around whitby :(