Stones Bitter On Draft.

On 15/08/2021 at 08:14, Bargepole23 said:

https://www.barkelham.com/

This place has a bar tap for draught Stones, when I was in there last night.

I go in the ex service mens club at Ecclesfield they have a Stones pump lit up like a Christmas tree , "gi mi a pint of jungle juice sez I "  We don't have any sez she " so its of tut bus stop and a trip to Norfolk pub on Dixon Lane £2 - 80 pence for a pint of amber nectar .

11 hours ago, lakerman said:

I know of several Working mens clubs that still sell Stones Bitter.  Sheffield Lane club, Firth Park WMC. to name just two.  Sorry but they are obviously not near the Moor Market.  I have always been a John Smiths man myself, Magnet being the best and in the last few years it has been John Smiths smooth.  Being a regular supporter of the Owls I always used to have a pint of Smiths inside Hillsborough on match days. That was pre lockdown. However, when I went to the game on Saturday I noticed they were not selling Smiths but had Stones instead. I thought I would try it and was very pleased to find it was a very good pint. So maybe you could nip along there to the next home game and have a nice pint as well as watching the Owls.

A good chance of that happening now we have a good manager win or lose .

They had it in frog and parrot on division street before lockdown .

I SAW IT AT the gypsy queen on tap at drakehouse lane beighton

slightly off topic but I picked up a couple of 4 packs at my local old style newsagent/off licence in Killamarsh a short while ago.

On the side of the can it says that the "Sheffield gold" tagline and the steel man icon are trademarks now owned by Molson Canada.

I didn't know that..

22 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Stones on draught at the Noah's Ark, Crookes at £2 40 a pint.

Good un its now £2 a pint in  the Norfolk on Dixon Lane , will sample one tomorrow lunch time , a good pub with proper Sheffielders .

Before I had to stop drinking for good I used enjoy a pint of Stones I used to go in the Big Gun , Norfolk Arms ,Hen and Chickens, Cannon all at that time sold Stones. I had my last pint of Stones in the Big Gun but that's some time back now. A few years before Cannon Brewery shut down you could go on tour of the place sadly now nothing more than a smashed up wreck. As for pubs selling Stones near the Moor Market I don't think the few that are left sell it or did before the changes.

On 13/08/2021 at 19:31, cuttsie said:

Any one know if there is a pub near the new Moor Market that still has Stones bitter on draft , I hate this so called real ale that seems to dominate every pub bar  these days  as it looks and tastes like canal basin watttter , so help req , where can one get a pint of Stoooooneses  jungle juice  near Moorfoot  .

Heathens ale, us more refined Sheffielders preferred Wards.

53 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Did they ever find a regular Wards drinker who suffered from constipation?

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

It looks like and tastes like canal water, although it is the best laxative ever invented .

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

It looks like and tastes like canal water, although it is the best laxative ever invented .

Looking at your posts it’s clear you weren’t a regular in the city’s more reputable alehouses where a pint of Sheffield’s finest ale was a joy to behold.

I was a regular in the Matilda on Matilda Street in the 60's but the ale always gave me the ****es and a head ache , Stoooooonese in the Lion , Adlephi , Cannon and Norfolk was always spot on , sadly only one of those reputable alehouses still exists . 

Edited by cuttsie