Who Is Arming The Taliban .

Armaments of all kinds are one of our biggest exports.

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Armaments of all kinds are one of our biggest exports.

But we sell big stuff - the kind the Saudis are using to level large chunks of Yemen.  Germany is the biggest exporter of weapons.

Looking at some of the pictures, I'd say a fair amount of weapons have been taken from the Afghan army.

Looking at the weapons the Taliban use most are AK47s. These are the most widely available  rifles in the world. Has to who is supplying them it’s not one country Iran who are mainly Shia and the Taliban Sunni who would not usually be seen together. But as the saying goes My enemies enemy is my friend but It 

wouldn’t surprise me if most of the weapons come from Pakistan.

Edited by hobinfoot

Photos in the Sun this morning show them carrying a mix of AKs and American made M4 assault rifles. The latter as tfh has stated almost certainly captured from the Afghan army.

There was a news item on about a month ago, the US had left behind a *massive* stockpile of arms and ammunition (loads of military vehicles and armaments of all descriptions).

The strategic ineptitude is staggering! They could have at least given them to the Afghan authorities. But no, let’s just leave em for the Taliban! Maybe it’s a stroke of Genius by the Americans and a plot to prolong a conflict which I’m 100% sure no one in the US is making any money from.

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not everyone would take advantage of the crop under cultivation there.

Yeah, 20%

Edited by Waldo

This has been going on ever since one guy disagreed with another, the only difference being numbers, technology and the greed for power, all in the name of Alah, anyone would think that our predecessors never did anything like it.

On 13/08/2021 at 00:26, cuttsie said:

The situation in Afghanistan has deteriorated by the hour as the religious fanatics advance  throughout the Country , The question is who is backing these nut cases , is it Pakistan a country that allows them to criss cross the border with impunity , is it Iran who who it seems will go to any length to destabilise the West as will happen if the Taliban finally win control in Afghanistan . Or is there a more sinister partner hiding behind the scenes who will gain satisfaction at seeing us and our allies truly getting our noses rubbed in the dirt due to abandoning  Afghanistan after so many years of stabilising  that Country .

Why would Iran arm the Taliban, and how are events in Afghanistan destabilising the west ?

8 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Why would Iran arm the Taliban, and how are events in Afghanistan destabilising the west ?

Perhaps you have not heard about that dastardly attack on the twin towers in America where people travelling on jet planes were held hostage and then crashed into offices  killing thousands , the  heroes were led (god be with them ) by a  Saudi millionaire who when the deed was done found refuge in Afghanistan protected by the Taliban , Iran another nation lead by Islamic nut cases is responsible for most of the un rest in the Middle East ,,   all in the name of their god of course,    where would they be without him .

20 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Perhaps you have not heard about that dastardly attack on the twin towers in America where people travelling on jet planes were held hostage and then crashed into offices  killing thousands , the  heroes were led (god be with them ) by a  Saudi millionaire who when the deed was done found refuge in Afghanistan protected by the Taliban , Iran another nation lead by Islamic nut cases is responsible for most of the un rest in the Middle East ,,   all in the name of their god of course,    where would they be without him .

Yes but……why would Iran arm the Taliban ? 

I would have thought Israël, America and the Saudis are responsible for most of the unrest in the Middle East 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

riiiiiiiiiight, so it's the pesky Iranians that are behind most of the instabillity in the Middle East.

Got it.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the America and British armies invading Iraq, overthrowing Saddam, then standing back and letting the various tribes kill each other for well over a decade, leading to the rise of ISIS, and terror attacks on British soil?

Nope, definitely not.

I guess the America and British governments are utterly blameless in this entire cockup they caused?

Edited by The Joker

I’m one of those who believe we destabilised the Middle East when Bush and Blair invaded Iraq.  They went in without thinking of the consequences and had no idea who was going to govern the county when British and American troops left.

I was one of those idiots who thought Saddam had Weapons of Mass destruction and a nuclear strike towards America was imminent.  That is until the weapon’s  inspections were allowed to enter Iraq only to find none.  
I don’t think the Middles East was the same again after that.  Know wonder other Arab states wanted nuclear weapons after an illegal war.

Edited by hauxwell

and in doing so lost most all public support for any further intervention in the middle east, they were lying to the public and everyone knew it.

If the American's want to go back into Afghanistan and rebuild the corrupt mess they had built that's their deal, I think this country has put in enough.