Southey Green Rd Youth Club

Anyone remember the youth club 1970ish on the corner of Southey green rd/Lindsey avenue Southey Green, any stories, memory’s does anyone know what the huts were before it was a club.

Edited by hathechewed

Do you mean the youth club  wat was in  Lindsey Road junior school 

1 hour ago, blackhill said:

Do you mean the youth club  wat was in  Lindsey Road junior school 

Possibly, was a bit of a Rockers meeting place.

It was never known as Southey Green Youth Club. I used to go to the youth club late 1950's until around 1961. I attended Lindsey Road School from nursery around 1948 through to leaving in 1957 to go to Southey Green Comprehensive School.  All the huts (as you call them) were classrooms. The hut where the youth club used to be held was just a hall where we used to have PT (physical training) in the winter. Myself and some of my classmates used to put on little shows for the other kids. 

It was a great school, I didn't want to leave but off course had to when I reached the age of 11.

When I went to the youth club it was a great meeting place. We danced to all the then  modern music, played games, table tennis, darts,  snooker (in another part of the hall). It was a great place.

It was never a mods or rockers place at that time. 

6 hours ago, blackhill said:

It was never known as Southey Green Youth Club. I used to go to the youth club late 1950's until around 1961. I attended Lindsey Road School from nursery around 1948 through to leaving in 1957 to go to Southey Green Comprehensive School.  All the huts (as you call them) were classrooms. The hut where the youth club used to be held was just a hall where we used to have PT (physical training) in the winter. Myself and some of my classmates used to put on little shows for the other kids. 

It was a great school, I didn't want to leave but off course had to when I reached the age of 11.

When I went to the youth club it was a great meeting place. We danced to all the then  modern music, played games, table tennis, darts,  snooker (in another part of the hall). It was a great place.

It was never a mods or rockers place at that time. 

I only went a few times in the early70s but I remember being a little upset that I hadn’t discovered it earlier, the youth club I frequented was in the church on Everingham rd no where near as good as. It popped up in my head which is why I posted, I did know a few people who went but can’t remember any names.

I only went to that youth Club, I lived in Deerlands Ave from birth in 1946 to getting married in 1966.  I then lived in Hillsborough.