Scam And Phishing Sms Messages

Anyone else been bombarded with text messages like this below (link changed just in case)? All from different numbers that are made to appear as from a UK mobile.

This is probably the worst I've seen, most have correct spelling and grammar, I've just blocked the numbers as when they appear.

I've not followed any of the links, this domain is relatively new, the other domains I've checked have been long-established and appear legit. Whether they've been hacked and the code is malicious is another question.

1azun You have a mmssed call. Caller peft yoo a meosage: http://dollscorner.com/d.php?abcdefghijk....

These aren't particularly sophisticated but I have noticed that the volume of scam and phishing phone calls, texts and emails has spiralled over the last year. I can understand why some less aware get caught out. My mobile provider often sends me texts, normally with offers, very much legit. I did start receiving scam texts and emails pretending to be them which followed their language and text and linked you to a perfect representation of their web site and a logon screen for their portal. A hooky domain which despite people and me notifying the mobile provider could be live for weeks though now only seems to last an hour or two before it is blocked.

Yes. I get at least 1 a day.

So many in fact i've got bored of blocking them.

Delete delete delete

Yes, plus the ones that tell you that they have tried to deliver a package and you need to pay £1 for the delivery - total scam but as they continue I am guessing people are still falling for these things and so they go on and on :( 

The scams sent to me are mostly on my landline. BT informs me that it is going to disconnect my internet connection. My Premium Amazon account needs bringing up to date with a payment. ( I don’t have a Premium account) These are the two main ones. I have a call blocker number with BT but the scammers just change their previous phone  number.

Had scam texts saying they are from UPS, DPD, BT, O2, Royal mail, best one was from HSBC saying a payment or £240 had been authorised, which is amazing as I do not have an account with them.

Edited by iansheff

I guess these kind of messages will never stop. Starting from emails selling funny stuff to phone calls from operators which are like 90% girls lol.

I suggest all of you linked to this thread  also look at the thread "Current Scams" - it's more of the same and useful as it alerts us all to new scams so we are all ready for them.

I think the 2 threads are likely to be merged as they are essentially the same.