Cause Of Fake News?

Why are people misinformed or ilinformed?

I have noticed a few people that are anti-vaxers and leavers, a couple of my friends, both watch youtube.

Is this a coincidence, do fewer people no longer rely on the BBC for their news and information?

The leavers might say that I am brainwashed by the BBC, although I too watch it less.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Why are people misinformed or ilinformed?

I have noticed a few people that are anti-vaxers and leavers, a couple of my friends, both watch youtube.

Is this a coincidence, do fewer people no longer rely on the BBC for their news and information?

The leavers might say that I am brainwashed by the BBC, although I too watch it less.

BBC just lie. They are totally dishonest and not worth the time of day. They really are disgusting. 

The term anti-vaxxers is a mainstream media term for anyone who wants to wait for these jabs to finish trials and be proved safe. If wanting to wait until safety is proved means I'm an anti-vaxxer then I'm fine with that label. 

As for YouTube, it's very left leaning and  is heavily censored so I don't watch that unless I'm looking for a tutorial of some sort. YouTube is still great for that. 

35 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

BBC just lie. They are totally dishonest and not worth the time of day. They really are disgusting. 

I would say that the BBC news programs intention is to give news(facts) and not interpretation.  So they repeat what the Government of national bodies says. Its up to programs like Panorama or Newsnight to interogate the news.

I was always skeptical about the vaccines, but I didnt hesitate to have both jabs because its safer than not have a jab.

Youtube is more 'tutorial', so it will reinforce your views, rather than question them.

Just now, El Cid said:

I would say that the BBC news programs intention is to give news(facts) and not interpretation.  So they repeat what the Government of national bodies says. Its up to programs like Panorama or Newsnight to interogate the news.

I was always skeptical about the vaccines, but I didnt hesitate to have both jabs because its safer than not have a jab.

Youtube is more 'tutorial', so it will reinforce your views, rather than question them.

My bold. 

Mainstream media told you that. 

No disrespect but you simply don't know this jab is safe at all. 

As I have said many times it is still experimental. No long term studies have been completed and unless you have serious underlying conditions then covid is practically harmless where as the jab is damaging more people every day. 

Anyway, rather than me drag this into another jab debate I'll say that I've said my piece and wish you a good day 🙏

This is an example of the BBC just reporting the news, but stations like LBC challange it.

The Institute of Economic Affairs has lost a two-year battle with LBC radio presenter James O’Brien over claims the registered charity is a politically motivated lobbying organisation funded by “dark money”.

The IEA complained to media regulator Ofcom that the radio station had made a series of inaccurate and unfair suggestions that the organisation is a professional lobby group of “questionable provenance, with dubious ideas and validity” staffed by people who are not proper experts on their topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/09/lbcs-james-obrien-wins-ofcom-battle-with-institute-of-economic-affairs?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1pyfeLApFjWIj7NjniUzXP59Jiifu-cOg18anV3sLlfLWv9k2pI6a4PZ4#Echobox=1628527549

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

This is an example of the BBC just reporting the news, but stations like LBC challange it.

The Institute of Economic Affairs has lost a two-year battle with LBC radio presenter James O’Brien over claims the registered charity is a politically motivated lobbying organisation funded by “dark money”.

The IEA complained to media regulator Ofcom that the radio station had made a series of inaccurate and unfair suggestions that the organisation is a professional lobby group of “questionable provenance, with dubious ideas and validity” staffed by people who are not proper experts on their topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/09/lbcs-james-obrien-wins-ofcom-battle-with-institute-of-economic-affairs?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1pyfeLApFjWIj7NjniUzXP59Jiifu-cOg18anV3sLlfLWv9k2pI6a4PZ4#Echobox=1628527549

Fair enough. .

This is an example of the BBC lying, covering up and Not reporting the news..... 

Jimmy Savile. 

A:- People with a purpose, to push their agenda, both left and right.

B:- People being generally greedy and selfish.

C:- People now make money from propagating fake news on their sites etc which then get pushed on via people believing them, wanting to push their agenda.

D:- Gullible people, and a willingness to want to believe in anything that is classed as alternative thinking.

E:- Foriegn countries pushing fake news via the internet, spreading misinformation to destabilise countries they see as the enemy.

take your pick, any more? i think its a bit of all of them tbh

I was going to say that social media has a lot to answer for, but social media only provides the platform - it's the people who use it to spread downright lies and misinformation. Especially over something like Coronavirus. It is truly wicked of some people to deliberately spread falsehoods about the dangers of the virus, or getting the vaccine.

I think the next battle will be over global warming, probably denying it exists, that it's all a conspiracy blah blah blah usual nonsense.

It would be interesting to find out if there is a correlation between people who voted Brexit, are Covid skeptics & would be global warning skeptics.

Just now, Mister M said:

It would be interesting to find out if there is a correlation between people who voted Brexit, are Covid skeptics & would be global warning skeptics.

It already happens, a lot of people with right wing thoughts have long been known to be global warming skeptics aswell as Corona virus skeptics

take Trump for one

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

E:- Foriegn countries pushing fake news via the internet, spreading misinformation to destabilise countries they see as the enemy.

take your pick, any more? i think its a bit of all of them tbh

Even our own country. We had China helping to build our nuclear power plants under David Cameron, because your bussiness partner is your friend.

Along came Trump/Boris and China are the enemy once again, not to be trusted with our broadband.

So which is it, friend or foe?

Right on cue, it's been reported today that Anti vax protestors tried to storm a BBC TV studio today, accusing the corporation of “not giving out the right information” and claiming “they are coming for our f****** children”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-protest-bbc-anti-vaxx-london-b1899476.html

Conspiracy Theorists used to have to work quite hard to establish their views.

Books, magazines, tapes, meeting etc. provided all the quotes needed. Early Conspiracy Theory literature is limited and very repetitive.

Internet, web etc. enabled a much bigger communities to form, a wider range of Conspiracy Theories, and more 'pals'  to rely on.

Commercial companies saw the opportunity profit and  created a much slicker experience and employed 'creatives'  to create media. 

Single issue groups saw an opportunity to push their campaigns.

Mainstream media and political group saw opportunity.

Extremists media and political groups  saw opportunity.

Nations and Right wing extremists in the States began spending vast amounts on online media and found willing  allies in the Conspiracy Theorists communities who are supplied with content which is distributed through the Conspiracy Theory sites.

The Conspiracy Theory is still repetitive but now  also contains the mantra of  the  right wing.

Never explain.

Never divert.from the line.

Never discuss.

Never admit to mistakes.

Avoid answering questions.

etc.

Though money, media access and resources the Conspiracy Theorists are knowingly or unknowingly doing the bidding of the right.