Jump to content

Our Planet Is On Fire

Recommended Posts

Spain just had an all the record high.

 

47.4 C.   117.3f.

 

A good few places had nightime lows of over 41C  105f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, butlers said:

Spain just had an all the record high.

 

47.4 C.   117.3f.

 

A good few places had nightime lows of over 41C  105f

Meanwhile in the Southern Hemisphere (where it's winter right now)

 

Brazil’s Santa Catarina state shivering from cold with record-breaking -8.9° C
Urupema and Bom Jardim da Serra recorded temperatures below -8 °C on Friday (30)

By The Rio Times -July 30, 2021


"Snowstorm in Africa!" -- South Afica Smashes 19 All-Time Low Records

https electroverse dot net  Jul. 23, 2021 

 

Cold spell in south-eastern Australia breaks temperature records. Adelaide had its joint coldest May night since 1927 at 3.5C. More recently, on the morning of the 31st, the town of Renmark recorded its coldest ...

https theguardian dot com › australia-news › Jun. 10, 2021 

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Meanwhile in the Southern Hemisphere (where it's winter right now)

 

Brazil’s Santa Catarina state shivering from cold with record-breaking -8.9° C
Urupema and Bom Jardim da Serra recorded temperatures below -8 °C on Friday (30)

By The Rio Times -July 30, 2021


"Snowstorm in Africa!" -- South Afica Smashes 19 All-Time Low Records

https electroverse dot net  Jul. 23, 2021 

 

Cold spell in south-eastern Australia breaks temperature records. Adelaide had its joint coldest May night since 1927 at 3.5C. More recently, on the morning of the 31st, the town of Renmark recorded its coldest ...

https theguardian dot com › australia-news › Jun. 10, 2021 

 

Lol

So its climate change int it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So its climate change int it .

No, it's weather.

 

Climate is defined as a 30 year change.

 

In the 41 years since NOAA's satellites have ben monitoring temperatures and polar ice, the warming anomaly for the Earth's lower trophosphere (which is where you and I live) is 0.2 degrees.

 

No warming over the last 5 years.

 

And that is scientifically satatistically insignificant, with no marhin of error given,

 

Can you do the math for the next 50 years?

 

UAH_LT_1979_thru_July_2021_v6.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, trastrick said:

No, it's weather.

 

Climate is defined as a 30 year change.

 

In the 41 years since NOAA's satellites have ben monitoring temperatures and polar ice, the warming anomaly for the Earth's lower trophosphere (which is where you and I live) is 0.2 degrees.

 

No warming over the last 5 years.

 

And that is scientifically satatistically insignificant, with no marhin of error given,

 

Can you do the math for the next 50 years?

 

UAH_LT_1979_thru_July_2021_v6.jpg

 

 

I don't think people are necessarily disputing climate change.

 But it is important to know  how much of it is natural fluctuations, and how much is being caused by the workings of humankind and technology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The climate changes and has been observed and written about for millenia, the study of climate is called climatology.

Climate variation can be observed  on the scale of your garden, city, country, continent and planet.

E.g. the new Hallam Towers will have an immediate and long term effects on the environment and therefore ecology surrounding it. 

The study of Weather probably goes back even further with the need to predict future weather being an essential aspect of survival. The massive amount of data is always going to produce "records" and an ever increasing number of record.

 

Using weather records does not establish the direction of global climate change.

Denying climate change is ridiculous it has been happening for billions of years.

Denying that human influence is in part responsible for current changes is plausible but not defendable.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trastrick said:

No, it's weather.

 

Climate is defined as a 30 year change.

 

In the 41 years since NOAA's satellites have ben monitoring temperatures and polar ice, the warming anomaly for the Earth's lower trophosphere (which is where you and I live) is 0.2 degrees.

 

No warming over the last 5 years.

 

And that is scientifically satatistically insignificant, with no marhin of error given,

 

Can you do the math for the next 50 years?

 

UAH_LT_1979_thru_July_2021_v6.jpg

I thought you'd given up demonstrating you don't understand that graph.

 

You can't simply take the current difference from the average temperature and claim that is the warming over the whole period.

 

Again: From the page you got the graph from:

Quote

The linear warming trend since January, 1979 remains at +0.14 C/decade (+0.12 C/decade over the global-averaged oceans, and +0.18 C/decade over global-averaged land).

+0.14 C/decade over the 4 decades shown on the graph = +0.56 C.

 

Even the page you got the graph from disagrees with your interpretation of the graph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God not THAT graph again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, altus said:

I thought you'd given up demonstrating you don't understand that graph.

 

You can't simply take the current difference from the average temperature and claim that is the warming over the whole period.

 

Again: From the page you got the graph from:

+0.14 C/decade over the 4 decades shown on the graph = +0.56 C.

 

Even the page you got the graph from disagrees with your interpretation of the graph.

Read how they uise anomalies, based on the average base line, to smooth out the outliers!

 

All attempts to get NASA and NOAA to publish the actual empiracal observed temperature fall on deaf ears.They only deal in anomalies.

 

(Handy for hiding the "decline" over the last 5 years, or so).  Lol

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morocco equals July all time record 49.6c

 

Morocco breaks all time Aug temp record 

49.3c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Read how they uise anomalies, based on the average base line, to smooth out the outliers!

I got bored of being lead on your wild goose chases last time.

Quote

All attempts to get NASA and NOAA to publish the actual empiracal observed temperature fall on deaf ears.They only deal in anomalies.

 

(Handy for hiding the "decline" over the last 5 years, or so).  Lol

The Met Office, etc. have explained why they use anomalies. Their explanations seem reasonable to me. You've never explained why you don't think they are sufficient and you need absolute temperatures. Why don't you try doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, butlers said:

Oh God not THAT graph again

Yes, I know, it's like showing a cross to vampires!

 

But it's the only chart regulary published showing 42 years of NOAA satellite observations.  Updated to July 31, 2021

 

Much easier to get hyped up headlines from the BBC and the Guardian, and NASA's earth based instrument data, which goes back to 1880, before most of the world had never been explored, including both Poles.

 

Lol

Edited by trastrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.