Our Planet Is On Fire

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

Its an interesting phrase, who was writting about clime change 500 years ago?

Try the bible

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Try the bible

Norse and Celtic mythology Egyptian and Babylonian written evidence  and a myriad more stories of good and hard times that litter the folklore of the worlds cultures.

47 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Try the bible

I seem to remember reading an article somewhere, that many years ago, the world was flooded.

A chap came along and built a huge Ark and saved the planet.

46 minutes ago, Padders said:

I seem to remember reading an article somewhere, that many years ago, the world was flooded.

I wasnt thinking about fiction, people have been writing fictional stories up for a long time.

If you believe in what the bible says, you wont believe in climate change or evolution.

9 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Norse and Celtic mythology Egyptian and Babylonian written evidence  and a myriad more stories of good and hard times that litter the folklore of the worlds cultures.

Annual flooding was the traditional way of regenerating the land and making it fertile either side of the river Nile. They were not happy when the Aswan Damn was built and they had to start using chemical fertilisers. 

9 hours ago, Padders said:

There have been many large scale flooding events going back millennia. Almost every ancient text has references to them. Evidence of massive flooding is etched into ancient rock formations.

Edited by Anna B

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

I wasnt thinking about fiction, people have been writing fictional stories up for a long time.

If you believe in what the bible says, you wont believe in climate change or evolution.

I am an atheist , but I do remember having religious lessons forced on me at the Prince Edward academy , one of the lessons quoted a prophet ( after the great flood )who said that the next big disaster to befall the Earth would be World wide fire  that would wipe out mankind .

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

I am an atheist , but I do remember having religious lessons forced on me at the Prince Edward academy , one of the lessons quoted a prophet ( after the great flood )who said that the next big disaster to befall the Earth would be World wide fire  that would wipe out mankind .

Ruddy hell,

Tha best find summer that Stoon'es , and enjoy thi sen.

If not exactly burning up..

The highest point in Greenland got above freezing for only the 3rd time in a decade.

They also recorded rain there for the first time

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

If not exactly burning up..

The highest point in Greenland got above freezing for only the 3rd time in a decade.

They also recorded rain there for the first time

To be honest with you Butler, I'm a bit sceptical about this climate warming thing.

The reason being I only notice my own environment..

Big freeze 1947 and 1963.. heatwave 1976..

As for as I'm concerned, nothing's changed with the British weather, we've had a run of mild winters, get ready for a big freeze in the near future.

Unpredictable and will always be.

Most of my links are weather.

The idea that all the world's met offices and NOAA and Nasa etc are all missing something is just too ludicrous to seriously contemplate.

Even the oil companies own research knew of a link to CO2 and heating back in the 60s.

I heard that all we need is a volcanic explosion or two and it will cool the atmosphere ,Farage even mentioned it a day or two back.

When you go look, human produced C0 equals double Mt St Helens every day.

If feels like watching a flood ,nothing will push it back.

On 11/08/2021 at 17:50, trastrick said:

Fortunately the World does not consist only of Europe.

It's actually winter in the Southern Hemisphere!  Lol

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jun/10/cold-spell-in-south-eastern-australia-breaks-temperature-records-for-may

"WeatherwatchAustralia weather"

"Cold spell in south-eastern Australia breaks temperature records for May!

Melbourne has coldest May morning since 1949, with 1.7C, while Adelaide has its joint coldest May night since 1927 at 3.5C"

The world has undergone climate changes for hundreds of years. It's nothing new but the history of climate change is being ignored

The people who's life's work studying climate  have pointed out it's unnaturally rapid change.