Our Planet Is On Fire

3 minutes ago, Sheffield190 said:

The world has undergone climate changes for hundreds of years. It's nothing new but the history of climate change is being ignored

I mean we overcame the 'ice age ' didn't we? Check the world of Art out for the historical heatwaves in London and such..........Why do people only talk about 'today'??????

1 minute ago, butlers said:

The people who's life's work studying climate  have pointed out it's unnaturally rapid change.

'whose'. You need to give scientific evidence please. And define natural or as you put it, 'unnaturally'

On 18/08/2021 at 09:58, Padders said:

I seem to remember reading an article somewhere, that many years ago, the world was flooded.

A chap came along and built a huge Ark and saved the planet.

If you don't understand the purpose and means of biblical stories, there's no hope for ya

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

It Just Rained on Greenland's Summit For The First Time in Recorded History

https://flip.it/glL1AT

Gosh, where do you get all this information from.

I never get past the 24hr forecast for Sheffield.

Flipbook APP , got allsorts of stuff 

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

Flipbook APP , got allsorts of stuff 

Just looked it up, too complicated for me.

I'll stick with Paul Hudson.

Yeah Flipbook fails on giving me the Bradford City news that Hudson does

Iceland records it's hottest ever August day.

29.4c breaking old record by 0.2c.

Good chance of 30c , 86f tomorrow

I wonder if some of those hypocritical stars of the music world will take notice? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58442599

And while speaking of hypocrites, it was reported the other day that that protests organised by Extinction Rebellion have resulted in Westminster Council tax payers having to fork out an additional £50,000 to clear 120 tons of rubbish left behind. 

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I wonder if some of those hypocritical stars of the music world will take notice? 

And while speaking of hypocrites, it was reported the other day that that protests organised by Extinction Rebellion have resulted in Westminster Council tax payers having to fork out an additional £50,000 to clear 120 tons of rubbish left behind. 

And to top it all the bleedin experts are flying into Scotland from the four corners of the Earth to discuss Global warming , All they have to do is go on line , Me thinks the jolly along with the private jets is to good a thing to miss . Twaaaaats .

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Your right total hypocrisy why do Extinction Rebellion protest stopping people from going to work....

Why don’t they do some good by planting tree’s clearing rivers or mass litter picking !.

That Greta encourages children to take time out of school to protest yet she’s flying around the world !!!...

Why on earth did her parents let her get so involved with this instead of letting her be a child and not worry over climate issues yes there is problems with the climate but she was a child her parents should have allowed her to be one !!!!...

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

And to top it all the bleedin experts are flying into Scotland from the four corners of the Earth to discuss Global warming , All they have to do is go on line , Me thinks the jolly along with the private jets is to good a thing to miss . Twaaaaats .

I agree 👍🏻