Our Planet Is On Fire

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

This album, Saw Throat (Grindcore band Sore Throat) - Inde$troy was about a post apocalyptic world after the environment has been completely annihilated for profit in 1989 and sadly even more relevant now :(

WARNING - its noisy lol (Punk, Industrial, metal)

Reteps always talking out of his aerosol ;)

Better to talk out of an aerosol than being one.

Edited by retep

Now Covid is in decline this is the latest bogeyman to keep us all terrified and in our place. Watch it being ramped up to hysterical proportions and used to subjugate us.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem - far from it - but let's keep it in proportion, panic is no good to anyone. We can all do our bit and the solutions are out there. Who remembers the hole in the Ozone layer now?  

Judd Clooney and a gang of celebs have all flown by private Jet to a party at those great environmentalists the Obama's , preach one thing and practice another seems to be the way with these World class party goers .

Prince Harry has not been invited as they are trying to save the Panet by only inviting the top people .

Listen to the song, 5 years by David Bowie, Hard to think that this is coming our way. Harrowing but true.

18 hours ago, Padders said:

Back to the horse and cart, and sailing ships.. get rid of aeroplane's..

If only the council hadn't destroyed the city's traditional market area, or something.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Now Covid is in decline this is the latest bogeyman to keep us all terrified and in our place. Watch it being ramped up to hysterical proportions and used to subjugate us.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem - far from it - but let's keep it in proportion, panic is no good to anyone. We can all do our bit and the solutions are out there. Who remembers the hole in the Ozone layer now?  

I agree with you Anna,

The media will have a field day..

I know I only live in Sheffield, but the weather we are experiencing doesn't differ much from the 50s/60s.. Bloody awful.

First time I went abroad 1988 to Greece, wild fires were raging, 31 years ago...

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I agree with you Anna,

The media will have a field day..

I know I only live in Sheffield, but the weather we are experiencing doesn't differ much from the 50s/60s.. Bloody awful.

First time I went abroad 1988 to Greece, wild fires were raging, 31 years ago...

The Wicker under 5ft of water just a couple of years ago ?????????. don't remember that in the 50 's 

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Wicker under 5ft of water just a couple of years ago ?????????. don't remember that in the 50 's 

Things have changed since then Cuttsie.

New housing estate's built on land that soaked up the water, people having their drives and gardens blocked paved so excess water going into the drains.

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Things have changed since then Cuttsie.

New housing estate's built on land that soaked up the water, people having their drives and gardens blocked paved so excess water going into the drains.

So whats happened in north California , Australia , Southern Europe , these places are on fire , That never happened when I was a kid in the 40's and fifty's .

Also our winters are now like spring , I remember being laid off work every winter some times for a couple of months due to having a proper snow bound frosty there months , why has that changed ?????.

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

So whats happened in north California , Australia , Southern Europe , these places are on fire , That never happened when I was a kid in the 40's and fifty's .

I don't know mate, but I would imagine they had the same problems back then..

It wouldn't have been reported, they have had heatwaves and fires for ever.

The difference being today, floods, fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, any natural disaster's are all captured on mobile phones, drones etc  then they are beamed into our living rooms within hours..

55 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Nothing unusual it's happened before in the past.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Also our winters are now like spring , I remember being laid off work every winter some times for a couple of months due to having a proper snow bound frosty there months , why has that changed ?????.

We didn't hear much about most places back then. We've now got much improved technology and gone Global. We have instant feeds from almost every place on Earth.

I don't know much about California etc, but in Australia bush fires are very much part of the eco system, and are expected / needed every year. 

Weather goes in cycles, often something to do with sunspots. Always has. We've experienced tropical weather at the north pole and 'snowball earth' when the whole planet was frozen solid.

However that's not to say we should be complacent, we definitely need to clean up our act and all work together. Many of us in the developed world consume to excess encouraged by mega companies that put money and profits above all else. 

Edited by Anna B