Jump to content

Our Planet Is On Fire

Recommended Posts

From North California  to the most Southern hemisphere around Australia , Greece , Italy , Malta  and Southern Europe our World is on fire .

 

Amid all this disaster we also are experiencing floods brought on by the high temperatures that form the rain clouds above our heads . 

 

Most of us ignore the signs that are around us( even in the Uk ) which is now seeing temperatures un known just 50  years ago .

Mean while the Worlds experts are flying  by jet plane to all corners of the globe , travelling around in limousines and in so doing making the situation even worse .

We are told that our cars fuelled by diesel and petrol are now obsolete and must go even though millions of them are still being manifactured World wide , instead we should be now buying electric powered ones even though that is impossible for most  people due to the extortionate cost of buying even the cheapest model , 

These new vehicles are powered by huge battery engines and need charging useing Power from electricity generators that also spill gases into the atmosphere . It seem as though the battery's them selves can never be safely scrapped or got rid off once the life has gone out of them adding further pollution to the situation .

 

So whats the solution , do we stop all this now ,this minute , today,      or do we carry on jetting around , travelling in cars , heating our Homes with gases and solid fuels and so on .

 

All solutions will be gratefully received ..

Edited by cuttsie
Holmes is in Rotherham .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it's too late for any solution, with so many people not listening and turning a blind eye to all the problems we face.

What ever solution people think of, it's too late. Action should have been taken 50 years ago.

Humans are very good at talking and coming up with different solutions to our problems, but we are too slow at taking action.

Even if we managed to slow down climate change, that on its own is not good enough..

Because we are poisoning our planet, food source and our selves, with all the pollution in our atmosphere and seas.

I myself have tried to do my bit, for the last 40 years i have lived in a house heated solely by electric storage heaters, for over 20 years i have now been a pescatarian, but now seriously thinking of going vegan due to all the pollution in our seas.

Very rarely travelled over seas for a holiday.

Always tried to make do and mend to avoid throwing things away to buy new.

 

At the age of 66 I feel so ashamed and guilty that i am part of the generation of people who have done so much damage to our planet.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

From North California  to the most Southern hemisphere around Australia , Greece , Italy , Malta  and Southern Europe our World is on fire .

 

Amid all this disaster we also are experiencing floods brought on by the high temperatures that form the rain clouds above our heads . 

 

Most of us ignore the signs that are around us( even in the Uk ) which is now seeing temperatures un known just 50  years ago .

Mean while the Worlds experts are flying  by jet plane to all corners of the globe , travelling around in limousines and in so doing making the situation even worse .

We are told that our cars fuelled by diesel and petrol are now obsolete and must go even though millions of them are still being manifactured World wide , instead we should be now buying electric powered ones even though that is impossible for most  people due to the extortionate cost of buying even the cheapest model , 

These new vehicles are powered by huge battery engines and need charging useing Power from electricity generators that also spill gases into the atmosphere . It seem as though the battery's them selves can never be safely scrapped or got rid off once the life has gone out of them adding further pollution to the situation .

 

So whats the solution , do we stop all this now ,this minute , today,      or do we carry on jetting around , travelling in cars , heating our Holmes with gases and solid fuels and so on .

 

All solutions will be gratefully received .

Back to the horse and cart, and sailing ships.. get rid of aeroplane's..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

From North California  to the most Southern hemisphere around Australia , Greece , Italy , Malta  and Southern Europe our World is on fire .

 

Amid all this disaster we also are experiencing floods brought on by the high temperatures that form the rain clouds above our heads . 

 

Most of us ignore the signs that are around us( even in the Uk ) which is now seeing temperatures un known just 50  years ago .

Mean while the Worlds experts are flying  by jet plane to all corners of the globe , travelling around in limousines and in so doing making the situation even worse .

We are told that our cars fuelled by diesel and petrol are now obsolete and must go even though millions of them are still being manifactured World wide , instead we should be now buying electric powered ones even though that is impossible for most  people due to the extortionate cost of buying even the cheapest model , 

These new vehicles are powered by huge battery engines and need charging useing Power from electricity generators that also spill gases into the atmosphere . It seem as though the battery's them selves can never be safely scrapped or got rid off once the life has gone out of them adding further pollution to the situation .

 

So whats the solution , do we stop all this now ,this minute , today,      or do we carry on jetting around , travelling in cars , heating our Holmes with gases and solid fuels and so on .

 

All solutions will be gratefully received .

We might as well face up to the fact that the human race is the most lethal virus on the planet and we were never part of nature's grand plan. Scientists have been warning us about global warning since the 80s but the human race has carried on doing what we do because we are what we are. This attack on the natural world which is one of the life support systems of the planet probably started as soon as modern humans evolved, it's just that we've become better at it. Temperatures in this country are predicted to be up in the 40s in 10 years time and our reservoirs are predicted to run dry in 25 years thanks to over population and climate change. 

 

England could run short of water within 25 years | Water | The Guardian

 

These things usually happen faster then scientists predict so it'll probably be well before then, especially if our population continues to grow at its present rate. We might as well enjoy our lives while we still can because the future is bleak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll faff round the edges but nothing huge will change.

 

It will just get worse and worse.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

From North California  to the most Southern hemisphere around Australia , Greece , Italy , Malta  and Southern Europe our World is on fire .

 

Amid all this disaster we also are experiencing floods brought on by the high temperatures that form the rain clouds above our heads . 

 

 

 

So whats the solution , do we stop all this now ,this minute , today,      or do we carry on jetting around , travelling in cars , heating our Holmes with gases and solid fuels and so on .

 

All solutions will be gratefully received .

We could go back to using aerosols, the last lot of experts said they were cooling the earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure about that?

 

Wasn't it we heeded what the UK Antartica Research found about CFCs ,and jointly massively reduced thier use so that the troposphere has nearly reverted to it's normal condition.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, retep said:

We could go back to using aerosols, the last lot of experts said they were cooling the earth.

No they didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well face it folks,

 

The End is Nigh! Give up your Worldly Goods, and Ye Shall be Saved.

 

Folks with sandwich boards on downtown street corners used to be laughed at. Their warnings fell on deaf ears.

 

But it won't happen overnight!

 

They need a little time to collect your Worldly Goods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, retep said:

We could go back to using aerosols, the last lot of experts said they were cooling the earth.

Maybe you could point us towards a source for this claim.

 

To answer the op, we are all going to have to change the way we move around, how much we move around and how we keep warm.

 

Even that won’t be enough. We also need to work with less developed economies to help them to reduce emissions too. Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe you could point us towards a source for this claim.

 

To answer the op, we are all going to have to change the way we move around, how much we move around and how we keep warm.

 

Even that won’t be enough. We also need to work with less developed economies to help them to reduce emissions too. Good luck with that.

None of that will happen in the next decade.

 

Covid could have been a useful tool but Boris - and I suspect he's not the only world leader doing this - is trying his best to fill up those motorways and ring roads with commuters as soon as possible. Ditto air travel. We could have changed air travel but we won't do that either.  

 

We might see a rise in serious adverts about plastic but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

No they didn't

Yes they do  :)

 

Aerosols that mainly scatter solar radiation have a cooling effect, by enhancing the total reflected solar radiation from the Earth. Strongly absorbing aerosols have a warming effect....

 

https://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/aerosols-and-their-relation-to-global-climate-102215345/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.