Jack Grealish. Costs £100 Million. Worth It?

Man City have just bought Jack Grealish for £100 Million.  Is he worth it? 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57818660

I don't think so.  222 league games, scored 34 goals.   I don't buy into all the hype around him.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw him interviewed before one of the Euro matches, when he compared HIMSELF to Gazza. 

When Villa played at The Lane a few seasons ago, he spent more time on of the grass than your average groundsman & when he wasn't down there, he was chirping at the referee, moaning & groaning, when things weren't going his way. 

I can't understand why pundits are inamoured by the favorite statistic of him being the most fouled play in the Premiership.  If he was that talented, he would be skipping around the tackles, keeping the play going.  It might sound like sour grapes coming from a suppporter of another club but if he was a Blades player & spent so much time going down at the faintest of touches, I then the Blades fan would be on his back. 

P. S.  The £100 million transfer fee record might not last for long?  Man City are apparently on the verge of buying Harry Kane for £150 million. 

Edited by Baron99

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Man City have just bought Jack Grealish for £100 Million.  Is he worth it? 

Christ no. No one is.

Where will we be in 10 years time with all this ??

1 hour ago, Runningman said:

Where will we be in 10 years time with all this ??

Most clubs will probably be bankrupt with insane prices like these. 

I blame Trevor Francis. 

I think he’ll spend more time on the bench.

Kane a spoilt brat as are a lot of footballers.

I did a bit of research on line and found out the following about Grealish and Kane's contracts.

Last year Grealish signed a 5 year / £31,200,000 contract with the Aston Villa F.C., including an annual average salary of £6,240,000, although he had a clause he could leave if Villa were not in the top 4.

Harry Kane signed a 6 year / £62,400,000 contract with the Tottenham Hotspur F.C., including an annual average salary of £10,400,000. In 2021, Kane will earn a base salary of £10,400,000, while carrying a cap hit of £10,400,000.

All this money in the PL but clubs in the EFL are tied to how much salary they can pay or risk breaching rules and getting fines or point deductions, it is a joke.

Edited by iansheff

Right now they're probably having second thoughts now Messi is on the market as a free agent.

A grotesque, disgraceful, obscene amount of money to perpetuate this circus.
Don’t subscribe to Sky.

Now’t to do with me, if this member of Arabic Royalty wants to play silly buggers with his oil money then more fool him. We are never told how much it costs in money to invade foreign lands, but I wager it’s a lot more than £100 Million, and we pay for these atrocities, whilst our troops pay with their lives.

As for ceasing my Sky subscription, why should I lessen my limited areas of entertainment, and it may have passed over some folks heads but football clubs and players pay tax into the U.K. coffers, what’s wrong with that?

Makes me laugh when footballers on mega money are called brave and heroes!look at our doctors,carers,arm forces and a lot more for brave heroes.