Minimum Wage

DC has rightly been dragged over the coals by all and sundry for failing to pay the players wages in full on more than 1 occasion....but it turns out that our cross city rivals have been named and shamed for paying 25 of its staff below the minimum wage levels...and we thought our owner was bad..!

I have a pal who worked in the offices who had to apply for family credit or whatever it was called because her wages were pitiful. As you pont out if its owt to do with the Owls its headline news , but goodowd United its so what !!!!!!!!..

Edited by cuttsie

If you dig between the headlines you will find that the under payments were made  between 2014 and 2018 and the responsibility of compass catering who at the time were subcontractors for All catering

you will also find that immediately this was brought to uniteds attention in 2018 they paid the shortfall / back pay to all involved 

moral of the story is there should have been better due diligence but as you say not as bad as failing to even pay staff in the first place

1 hour ago, Man in Crete said:

If you dig between the headlines you will find that the under payments were made  between 2014 and 2018 and the responsibility of compass catering who at the time were subcontractors for All catering

you will also find that immediately this was brought to uniteds attention in 2018 they paid the shortfall / back pay to all involved 

moral of the story is there should have been better due diligence but as you say not as bad as failing to even pay staff in the first place

4 years is a long time to under pay staff regardless & its not a small amount of money involved either...plus it's Sheffield United who are named by the government  not Compass catering...

Did i say it wasn't as bad as failing to pay staff..? 

Edited by Sheridan1-0

44 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

As said its United so it dun't matter .

45 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

You will find that United players once went on strike due to non payment of bonuses , wattttter under bridge I know but its always kick Wednesday time on here and owt else dun't count .

30 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You will find that United players once went on strike due to non payment of bonuses , wattttter under bridge I know but its always kick Wednesday time on here and owt else dun't count .

Must have missed that what year are you talking about out of interest 

Not being a 24/7 blades hater I will resist doing what some of their posters would do if the boot was on the other foot, and knowing SWFC there will no doubt be something lurking around the corner.

3 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Must have missed that what year are you talking about out of interest 

its in Kieth Farnsworths book Sheffield football , I keep it in  the car to read when I have minute so will look up page later .

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

its in Kieth Farnsworths book Sheffield football , I keep it in  the car to read when I have minute so will look up page later .

Was it the time when Blacow Yates promised them something for a rainy day if they got promoted?

They all got a raincoat and a barometer.

That’s in Alan Hodgkinson’s book.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Was it the time when Blacow Yates promised them something for a rainy day if they got promoted?

They all got a raincoat and a barometer.

That’s in Alan Hodgkinson’s book.

Ha ha how times and values change

His signing on fee in 1953 was a new suit ! Still played over 650 times for united

On 05/08/2021 at 10:35, cuttsie said:

I have a pal who worked in the offices who had to apply for family credit or whatever it was called because her wages were pitiful. As you pont out if its owt to do with the Owls its headline news , but goodowd United its so what !!!!!!!!..

There's people working in loads of different kinds of employment receiving Universal credit many on above minimum wage.

Love the play the victim posts though from Owls, nowt changes.

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

There's people working in loads of different kinds of employment receiving Universal credit many on above minimum wage.

Love the play the victim posts though from Owls, nowt changes.

That picking on me na .