Lukes Place - Infirmary Road

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The solution is simple. Go and have a meal there (just book in as a normal customer), get the bill and leave them £20 short when paying it, and provide proof you have paid them £20 previously when questioned.

Looking at their FB page they have plenty of availability this week, or at least they did yesterday when they posted it.

Had thought of that but feel it’s gone way past having a meal there now. Plus the anticipation of paying at the end/being upfront about it is not recipe for an enjoyable meal.

Suspect going in and having a meal is the only way you are getting your money.

Guest makapaka

It’s got super reviews on trip advisor.

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

So what this experience  trumps that

18 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

So what this experience  trumps that

Nope. That's a one off experience, multiple positive reviews on TA. I've now been myself, great food at a very reasonable price for the standard offered.

I do not think anyone was complaining about the food. The issue was about refunding a deposit and the refusal to even engage with the customer 

On 22/09/2021 at 18:45, makapaka said:

They are for people that managed to book in :)

On 23/09/2021 at 17:32, BigAl1 said:

I do not think anyone was complaining about the food. The issue was about refunding a deposit and the refusal to even engage with the customer 

I gave him the answer as to how to solve this weeks ago...the other option would be just to turn up at 8pm on a busy Friday or Saturday night and make a scene about it in front of all 12 paying customers.

Edited by HeHasRisen

We went to this restaurant towards the end of last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that we arranged to go back with some friends. We booked in for 9 Jan, but then decided that we would prefer to go on the 8th. Sent him messages via  every medium possible with no reply. My husband had a text exchange with him for our first visit when Luke had to change the date, so he then texted Luke to ask about our date change request, Luke replied saying it wasn't a problem and he would confirm via email. Didn't hear anything so texted again and got the same reply. Two days before we were due to go my husband texted again with no reply but we knew he'd seen the message and given his previous assurances we decided to go (and he had our deposits). When we arrived the restaurant was shuttered and padlocked, so we sent another text message. No reply again, but the next morning I received a message saying  he'd tested positive for Covid so couldn't open the restaurant. So despite his promises he hadn't changed the booking. The most frustrating thing about this is there is no way we can actually talk to him. The phone number on his website is an unknown number, his mobile goes through to voicemail, and he doesn't answer through any of his other communication channels. This has to be the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and there's been quite a few. Rant over!!

Edited by hazel51

Oh dear what a shame you might have thought he had seen and responded to previous complaints but no

One to avoid 

why not email him a link to this thread.......it may get a response 

Tried emailing, he doesn't respond. As a last resort, we will go back to the restaurant when he's open to ask for our deposit back, plus compensation for wasted time travelling to his restaurant. I've told him that too and her still doesn't respond!