Lukes Place - Infirmary Road

We booked to go to Lukes Place for a nice meal before Christmas last year and paid a £20 deposit to secure a booking. Lockdown II then hit and we were unable to go as restaurants were mandated to close. After many emails the owner finally got back to me and rebooked us in for May 2021. Unfortunately for us, he booked us in just before restaurants and bars we allowed to reopen. I have since sent the restaurant 3 emails, an Instagram message and even visited but no one has got back to me to rebook us in. I really want to support an emerging business/chef but unfortunately I feel ignored and unvalued from this establishment - that is fine ii it's doing well but I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience? I just can't help but think maybe they are not responding to me but I cannot for the life of me understand why....

I would guess that they have little experience in marketing/customer service which is a shame. Word of mouth is the most important thing for a restaurant like this and it does not look good

17 hours ago, 367squadron said:

We booked to go to Lukes Place for a nice meal before Christmas last year and paid a £20 deposit to secure a booking. Lockdown II then hit and we were unable to go as restaurants were mandated to close. After many emails the owner finally got back to me and rebooked us in for May 2021. Unfortunately for us, he booked us in just before restaurants and bars we allowed to reopen. I have since sent the restaurant 3 emails, an Instagram message and even visited but no one has got back to me to rebook us in. I really want to support an emerging business/chef but unfortunately I feel ignored and unvalued from this establishment - that is fine ii it's doing well but I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience? I just can't help but think maybe they are not responding to me but I cannot for the life of me understand why....

I would think phoning them would be easier than emails or instagram messages to rearrange your booking.

Anyhow, it's really nice food if and when you do visit.

Whereabouts on Infirmary Rd is this place ?

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Whereabouts on Infirmary Rd is this place ?

Just near junction of Albert Terrace Rd.

On 05/08/2021 at 12:41, Bargepole23 said:

I would think phoning them would be easier than emails or instagram messages to rearrange your booking.

Anyhow, it's really nice food if and when you do visit.

Luke is actively posting on Instagram for people to DM him for a booking. But I have rung them and no answer.  I even called in one afternoon and left my details with a guy who worked there for Luke to call me back. Nothing! It’s a lot of effort for a booking at a restaurant and to be honest I’m done. Just want my deposit back. Only £20 but it’s the principle and I came on here to find out if anyone else was in the same boat. Maybe it’s personal against me.

Edited by 367squadron

Luke clearly has a problem and has no idea how to run a restaurant - sure cooking may be OK but there is more involved

A shame a nice little eatery in my locality would be brilliant

12 hours ago, 367squadron said:

Luke is actively posting on Instagram for people to DM him for a booking. But I have rung them and no answer.  I even called in one afternoon and left my details with a guy who worked there for Luke to call me back. Nothing! It’s a lot of effort for a booking at a restaurant and to be honest I’m done. Just want my deposit back. Only £20 but it’s the principle and I came on here to find out if anyone else was in the same boat. Maybe it’s personal against me.

Website says deposits are non refundable- you'll have to go through small claims court to get your money back

2 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Website says deposits are non refundable- you'll have to go through small claims court to get your money back

It would be nice to hear that from him, plus after a fair bit of chasing last year he did actually once move us, he moved us to the weekend before restaurants could legally open in May. Mix up of days, on purpose who knows. 

Anyway, I have since sent him emails to make him aware of the mistake and to rebook - nothing. I would have gladly rebooked, using the £20 for another date but not now. He hasn’t fulfilled his terms and is clearly ignoring me so I’m not going to be going to a place that treats paying customers like this. 

The solution is simple. Go and have a meal there (just book in as a normal customer), get the bill and leave them £20 short when paying it, and provide proof you have paid them £20 previously when questioned.

Looking at their FB page they have plenty of availability this week, or at least they did yesterday when they posted it.

Edited by HeHasRisen