New Season Expectations

Hopefully Wednesday win the League at a cantor ....a statue of Darren Moore is placed outside Hillsborough and DC is carried shoulder high along Penistone Road...

In reality..I think it will be a transitional season ...if we make the top six it will be a miracle...mid table mediocrity beckons and we could end up as another Sunderland or Ipswich and be stuck at this level for a while..and you have to hope the owner has learnt some lessons from last season and doesn't constantly flout the EFL rules....although i desperately hope i'm proven wrong and we bounce back at the 1st attempt.

Surely United have more than enough quality to make a real go at being in and around the top 6...especially with a manager who has a good track record at Championship level...surprised no new signings have arrived during the close season just to freshen things up....

We might get a playoff spot at a push but like you I expect a transitional season, probably nearer the bottom 4 than top 6 but expect us to stay up at the very least.

United should get playoffs minimum. Supposedly a quality manager in so I don't expect them to struggle.

Owls mid table

Blades play offs 

Well according to the "super computer" in the link to the  article, the predicted final table is as below. League One supercomputer predicts 2021-22 title winners and which four teams will go down (msn.com)  Who knows what will happen.

Predicted final table

1. Sunderland

2. Ipswich Town

3. Sheffield Wednesday

4. Portsmouth

5. Charlton Athletic

6. Wigan Athletic

7. Rotherham United

8. Lincoln City

9. Oxford United

10. Bolton Wanderers

11. MK Dons

12. Wycombe Wanderers

13. Doncaster Rovers

14. Burton Albion

15. Fleetwood Town

16. Gillingham

17. Plymouth Argyle

18. Shrewsbury Town

19. Crewe Alexandra

20. Accrington Stanley

21. AFC Wimbledon

22. Cheltenham Town

23. Cambridge United

24. Morecambe

Edited by iansheff

Having Wednesday in league 1 is like Manchester City being drawn against a non league side in the fa cup

Every team in league 1 will go at Wednesday at 100mph, and to be honest Wednesday shouldnt be in that league. 

Wednesday mid table

UNITED I think will be play offs 

Barnsley to get relegated 

Rotherham to get promoted 

Doncaster to just miss out on playoffs, finish 7th

On 04/08/2021 at 14:21, pintor said:

Owls mid table

Blades play offs 

I'd go the same.  Unless the Blades midfield can start to provide a few more, (a lot more), goals, then I'd go for the top two. 

Wednesday look short of goals yet again, theyve signed a lot of players that have failed or struggled for games at their current clubs, not a great recipe for success, not an easy job for the manager, its essential they get off to a good start to give them a bit of confidence. I cant see Wednesday finishing above halfway by quite some distance but would LOVE to be wrong, no idea whose going to get the required goals. Moore could be gone well before Xmas.

Across the city its the opposite problem, goals from most positions and lethal finishers uptop at that standard, solid defensively, keeper could be stronger but he may gain the confidence in this division to give him a boost, can see them as champions in all honesty, its a strong squad thats been together a while.

Edited by staninoodle

I agree with stan ^ regarding the Owls.The new players need to gel ; and fast or they may be looking for a new manager before too long.

The Blades need to find a goalscorer from somewhere.He may already be at the club....Brewster, Mouset or Jebberson perhaps? If not we need to buy, and to do that it will mean offloading players.Ramsdale and Berge are the saleable assets ; McBurnie and Burke are the 2 strikers who i'd be showing the door to.

Wednesday should not be in league 1

Like Brentford should not be in the Premier league 

Brentford are in the PL on merit as for the owls make your own mind up