Sheffield Children's Hospital Arts Statue Vandslised.

If only these people could put their energy in to something positive. There are so many opportunites out there.

One of 60 giant bear statues put on display in Sheffield as part of a charity arts trail has been vandalised.

The 6ft (180cm) tall sculpture situated on the moor - entitled 'Be Nice & Be Together' - was found damaged at the base on Sunday.

One passer-by said it looked as though the statue had been "rugby tackled" while artist Geo Law said he felt saddened by the incident.
Sheffield Children's Hospital arts trail sculpture vandalised - BBC News
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-58059837

Only one out of sixty? That’s good going for Sheffield.

was it 60-1 a rent a bike making it last a week,when we had them,but with the bears its one to many,on saying that ,its what possibly caused the idiot to damage it

Hmmm... :huh:

Is there any proof that the poor thing was vandalised? :suspect:

Maybe after being made to stand there for numerous days on end and be photographed wearing only his jim-jams to cover his embarrassment, he decided to make his bid for freedom? :confused:

I thought one at the cathedral and the be nice one on moor were vandalized.

Whole city centre looks vandalized. All these bears have actually made it look a bit better again. They add a natural balance to all these empty boarded shops.

Cheryl Davidson, project manager for the Bears of Sheffield trail, said while it was unclear how the sculpture was damaged the incident had been reported to the police............. 

So it may have been damaged accidentally then? 

It would surprise me if that bit on top of the moor had no security camera footage recorded. At least they could find out how that's happened.

38 minutes ago, dutch said:

It would surprise me if that bit on top of the moor had no security camera footage recorded. At least they could find out how that's happened.

Good point. I never even thought about cctv.   It should be easily resolved then. 

just goes to show how good the actual monitoring of any CCTV is, doesn't it.

Keep safe.