Lees House, Norton Lees

Hi, does anybody have any info on the history of Lees House in Norton Lees?

My nan Nellie Chapman and aunt Lilly Higginbottom lived there until it was demolished in the 70's.

When was it built and does anybody have any old maps from 18th century?

Hi Hopster, a location of Lees House please !

It faced onto the top of meersbrook park where the allotments are. Was a large derelict house that appeared to have been converted to multi occupancy at some point. It was our playground and an introduction to the value of scrap metal 😂

I used to live on Meersbrook Park Rd and remember the empty house . I wandered in one day and found an abandoned Triumph Mayflower car from about 1952. It was complete and had been pushed out of a garage. A few months later , it was gone . About 1982, Iguess.

Cheers for the link Jim Hardie, brought back a few memories. As a few of the posters on the other site said the house itself could be pretty creepy. I was once up on the central flat section of the roof and I dozed off in the hot sun. I woke at twilight and realised I would have to go back down through the now gloomy distinctly uninviting house. Of course the longer I dithered the darker it got. I was bricking it. radio peter I also remember the Mayflower. It was complete but totally burned out. It was outside cos the garage it was standing in was gone. A local told us that a guy had been restoring it when the garage caught fire so the luckless bloke had abandoned it. One of the other garages had an abandoned Cortina in it.