Player Predictions.

Open to both teams this one....

I'm interested on thoughts as to who the fans feel will be the following during the 21-22 season.

Let's see how we fair come may and whether we are on the mark or row Z.

Leading goalscorer - 

Stand out player of the season -

Emerging talent -

Mr Reliable -

Absolute flop -

If you fancy giving your thought, then please do.. 

Leading Goalscorer - Lys Mousset

This one really infuriates me. I'm not fickle in the slightest and will put my hand up and admit that I was more than read to offload him in the summer. His off the pitch antics really boiled my blood last year! He might have been cleared of more severe charges, but these players are contracted with a hefty sum to go with it..they are supposed to be role models and he let himself, the clubs and the fans down.

Now I'm majorly confused because he has returned back after the break, looking conditioned andthe fittest he has been in his time at the club. Jokanovic public stated the other day the past is the past, the player gets a clean slate and that his professionalism, effort and conduct since the gaffers arrival has been exemplary. 

He's impressed pre season..... he looks Foster, quicker, sharper and more determined to impress and force force shirt. The gaffers tactics seem to play right into his strengths and he will score goals in our new formation / mindset.

Could massively backfire, but for me.....a fit and focused Lys Mousset bags easy double figures in this system.

He gets a few months to prove himself. If he continues the way he is and if he keeps himself out of the news for the wrong reasons, then he stays.

Stand out player of the season - Sander Berge (I'd he stays)

Genuinely don't know what is going to happen....a massive part of me still thinks that he will probably leave the club, whilst the same time I really don't want him to.

Injury to Berge was a major turning point for us last year, as with JOC.....

The lad is head and shoulders above this league and could easily walk out in a Premier league shirt and be a key player.

Box to box, to glides past players with ease. He wins challenges, he puts the ball around magnificently and his direct attacking runs scare defenders senseless.

If he stays, he will rip this league to pieces. He won be a massive player for us and massive boost to our promotion chances.

Emerging talent - Ben Osborne

Perhaps more hidden gem / surprise package than emerging talent, but I've select him because he is about to come into his own.

He is so underrated and for me he was one of the few positives of last year. 

He is an unsung hero, a raw talent, a class act......he runs his socks off and leaves everything out on the pitch. His determination to succeed and win games is unbelievable. He hounds and hassles, wins the ball, plays with a positive, attacking mindset...

Won become a favourite for everyone else, as he is for me this season I'm sure.

Mr Reliable - John Egan.

Could easily hand this to Basham or McGoldrick to be fair. Both of who are warriors who give absolutely everything week in, week out and are role models withing the squad. But Egan is a rock and wasn't out of place in the top flight. He handled the world's finest talent very well and he will be one of the first names on the team sheet his year. Rarely let's the team down and wears the badge with pride.

Absolute flop - Rhian Brewster.

A really simple and obvious choice after last year and I desperately hope I'm wrong.

If he can't succeed under this manager, then he is isn't going to succeed at the club. Style of play no massively plays into his strengths and opportunities should arise.

A big investment was made and absolutely nothing has been repaid to date. He lacks confidence and finesse, he appeared out of his depth last year. Let's hope he can find his own in this league, with a little less pressure on his head maybe.

I really want to be wrong and desperately want him to score goals. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

Open to both teams this one....

I'm interested on thoughts as to who the fans feel will be the following during the 21-22 season.

Let's see how we fair come may and whether we are on the mark or row Z.

Leading goalscorer - Oli Burke

Stand out player of the season - Jayden Bogle

Emerging talent - Zak Brunt

Mr Reliable - John Egan

Absolute flop -  Mousset (again!)

If you fancy giving your thought, then please do.. 

I loaded this up before you put your choices and reasons, so I'm adding a bit on the end of mine.

We don't know what will happen with the new manager, especially concerning buying and selling.  He will clearly have ideas of people he wants to bring in, and some will go the other way to pay for them.  I am working on my thoughts that Berge and Brewster will goat least, but Ransdale may stay.  I hope that Burke has been given finishing lessons from Captain Billy, as I can see him having chances this season.  I can't trust Mousset to focus, and think he'll go abroad in the transfer window.  I expect at least one of the youngsters to come through, and have picked Zak.  Totally agree with you on Ben Osborne, and think he will benefit from a new buy - a solid, steady midfield general to stop us being pulled around when we're out  of possession.

I know we'll all look back at our predictions in May and cringe, but so what!!!

Edited by Thirsty Relic

15 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Leading Goalscorer - Lys Mousset

This one really infuriates me. I'm not fickle in the slightest and will put my hand up and admit that I was more than read to offload him in the summer. His off the pitch antics really boiled my blood last year! He might have been cleared of more severe charges, but these players are contracted with a hefty sum to go with it..they are supposed to be role models and he let himself, the clubs and the fans down.

Now I'm majorly confused because he has returned back after the break, looking conditioned andthe fittest he has been in his time at the club. Jokanovic public stated the other day the past is the past, the player gets a clean slate and that his professionalism, effort and conduct since the gaffers arrival has been exemplary. 

He's impressed pre season..... he looks Foster, quicker, sharper and more determined to impress and force force shirt. The gaffers tactics seem to play right into his strengths and he will score goals in our new formation / mindset.

Could massively backfire, but for me.....a fit and focused Lys Mousset bags easy double figures in this system.

He gets a few months to prove himself. If he continues the way he is and if he keeps himself out of the news for the wrong reasons, then he stays.

Stand out player of the season - Sander Berge (I'd he stays)

Genuinely don't know what is going to happen....a massive part of me still thinks that he will probably leave the club, whilst the same time I really don't want him to.

Injury to Berge was a major turning point for us last year, as with JOC.....

The lad is head and shoulders above this league and could easily walk out in a Premier league shirt and be a key player.

Box to box, to glides past players with ease. He wins challenges, he puts the ball around magnificently and his direct attacking runs scare defenders senseless.

If he stays, he will rip this league to pieces. He won be a massive player for us and massive boost to our promotion chances.

Emerging talent - Ben Osborne

Perhaps more hidden gem / surprise package than emerging talent, but I've select him because he is about to come into his own.

He is so underrated and for me he was one of the few positives of last year. 

He is an unsung hero, a raw talent, a class act......he runs his socks off and leaves everything out on the pitch. His determination to succeed and win games is unbelievable. He hounds and hassles, wins the ball, plays with a positive, attacking mindset...

Won become a favourite for everyone else, as he is for me this season I'm sure.

Mr Reliable - John Egan.

Could easily hand this to Basham or McGoldrick to be fair. Both of who are warriors who give absolutely everything week in, week out and are role models withing the squad. But Egan is a rock and wasn't out of place in the top flight. He handled the world's finest talent very well and he will be one of the first names on the team sheet his year. Rarely let's the team down and wears the badge with pride.

Absolute flop - Rhian Brewster.

A really simple and obvious choice after last year and I desperately hope I'm wrong.

If he can't succeed under this manager, then he is isn't going to succeed at the club. Style of play no massively plays into his strengths and opportunities should arise.

A big investment was made and absolutely nothing has been repaid to date. He lacks confidence and finesse, he appeared out of his depth last year. Let's hope he can find his own in this league, with a little less pressure on his head maybe.

I really want to be wrong and desperately want him to score goals. 

Agree with your selections cmonkes, and like you hope you're wrong about Brewster. In my opinion Moussets head has been turned by the money he's on, if he could knuckle down he'll make a player, Brewster needs to pull his socks up and start producing or he will be moved on imo. This season will give these two and the likes of Norwood, Burke & McBurnie the chance to look good again, but this is no good when we get back in the premiership, we'll need to replace them as they're not good enough at that level, I'd rather we moved them on over the next season whilst signing some better quality players and blooding the odd youngster. If Arsenal or anyone comes in for Ramsdale at £32m+ I'd take it, Jack Butland went for £1m,  I believe, get someone like him in. Hope Berge stays,as he should excel at this level,  try him Osborn & Bogle in midfield with always two up top & didsy behind, fingers crossed for a good season🤞