Blades V Brum

What can I say?  Can we go back to playing behind closed doors again?  At least we're only 3 points behind the leaders. 

Soft goal to give away.   Only McGoldrick comes out of tonight's game with any credit. He never stopped running.  Can't understand why Norwood spent a lot of the match looking as though he was playing centre half? 

I thought it was just a myth when people said they'd put weight on during lockdown but both Berger & Burke both look as though they've become best friends with Mr Kipling.   Both look as though they need to loose half a stone or more. 

Great day out slightly spoiled for 90 min around 8pm. 
Same as it ever was

Do you get points for dominating possession these days? 🙄

4 hours ago, cmonkes said:

At what point did I say you did?.... I'm merely taking the positive aspects out of the game. I mean I could have harped on about stonewall penalties that we should have had, but the truth being that you don't really on referee decisions, you win games by putting the ball in the back of the net.

I pointed out the same failings that plagued us last season, the same failings that need addressing in order to win games. Possession is quite important in this assessment, as it shows our dominance in games and the inability to turn possession into goals. I could also point out our shots / shots on target / shots to goals ratio.....another stagistic that plagued us last year..... 16 shots in total last night, with only 2 on target.... a (8:1) ratio isn't good enough.

But it's the first game of the season, a new manager, new tactics, no pre-season and still playing the recruitment game......I'm realistic and we need a few games until we can even start to measure change. 

Keep up the good work though 😉 excellent pub league draw at Charlton 👍

Birmingham missed two open goals ,perhaps you missed it, if Arsenal have offered 20 million quid for that  midfielder then snap their hands of , our Barry Bannon will give him a ten break .

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

😂😂😂😂 I will have whatever the working mans club have been fueling you up with today.

Those big money offers coming in for Bannan week in, week out and all that. He's terrible.... John Fleck is a missing link for us at the minute, but give me him over Bannan any day of the week!

Who is this bannon you speak of anyway? New signing...

Due to me not being an intellectual I am crap at spelling Bannon or Bannan or Bannenn, as to the working mans club well The Park and Arbour is now dust and the  Midhill is some kind of pub come eatery . I watched both matches yesterday and try to say it as I see it , The Owls were crap but put up a good defensive display with Bannon , Bannen or Bannen being the star man for them as per usual . As to United I was full of excitement  ,millions in the bank , millions being offered for all these stars , all the pundits on here tipping them to walk the second division and guess what , they were even more crap than their now little brothers up in South Barnsley . Lee Boyer {have I spelt it right )  must have been pulling his air out when his forwards missed two wide open goals although it does one gud to see a good old proper English manager as he is and may I say our very own Darren  ,Darrell Moore . That is what the game needs more of our own and less of the foreign mersonarys , mercenary's ,mercenary's . one of them any way .      I don't no how to spell that mid fielders name that Asenal are offering 20 million for but  if we are to go on past history then it will not be long before they take the cash to add to the parashoot money's and the billions pocketed by the Saudi Royals  from the peoples oil deposits .

Poor old Wednesday , skint, no hope , but still the Biggest club in Yorkshire , just look at the history . ta ,ra .

Edited by cuttsie

All this parachute money, all the huge bids for these top stars, the one ingredient that was missing last season - the fans and a performance like that!!! The mind boggles.

18 minutes ago, top4718 said:

All this parachute money, all the huge bids for these top stars, the one ingredient that was missing last season - the fans and a performance like that!!! The mind boggles.

Yes United where the only team who missed the fans , proved it on  Saturday din't it .

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

United aren't the United of last season though are they.... you are literally speaking complete and utter tripe.

United were relegate dand United now have a completely new manager and a completely new system.  You have no grounds what so ever, to compare us to last year in the slightest.

We are now playing a different formation and are attempting to adapt to a completely different style of play. Whether we survived or not, we always required recruitment in certain areas as well. Wilder desperately wanted to filled the void left by JOC and this problem still exists now. It's going to take a few games to set and we still need to bring in a few players!

We've had minimal pre season and we are literally finding out feet.....but as usual, write us off at your peril, because we all know where that has led you in the past.

As for the biggest club in Yorkshire, unfortunately that's Leeds right now isn't it. But clubs are only as big as their position in the footballing pyramid......Which ranks both Sheffield United and Barnsley FC above you lot. 

Sheffield Wednesday, the team that has achieved absolutely nothing for the best part of three decades, but still likes to think of themselves as top dogs 😂😂

Edited by Sheridan1-0

17 hours ago, cmonkes said:

At what point did I say you did?.... I'm merely taking the positive aspects out of the game. I mean I could have harped on about stonewall penalties that we should have had, but the truth being that you don't really on referee decisions, you win games by putting the ball in the back of the net.

I pointed out the same failings that plagued us last season, the same failings that need addressing in order to win games. Possession is quite important in this assessment, as it shows our dominance in games and the inability to turn possession into goals. I could also point out our shots / shots on target / shots to goals ratio.....another stagistic that plagued us last year..... 16 shots in total last night, with only 2 on target.... a (8:1) ratio isn't good enough.

But it's the first game of the season, a new manager, new tactics, no pre-season and still playing the recruitment game......I'm realistic and we need a few games until we can even start to measure change. 

Keep up the good work though 😉 excellent pub league draw at Charlton 👍

Sorry I lost interest after the first couple of sentences 😂😂

5 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Sorry I lost interest after the first couple of sentences 😂😂

Did you get that far?

Read his post from the beginning of last season, its a classic 🤣

11 hours ago, cmonkes said:

United aren't the United of last season though are they.... you are literally speaking complete and utter tripe.

United were relegate dand United now have a completely new manager and a completely new system.  You have no grounds what so ever, to compare us to last year in the slightest.

We are now playing a different formation and are attempting to adapt to a completely different style of play. Whether we survived or not, we always required recruitment in certain areas as well. Wilder desperately wanted to filled the void left by JOC and this problem still exists now. It's going to take a few games to set and we still need to bring in a few players!

We've had minimal pre season and we are literally finding out feet.....but as usual, write us off at your peril, because we all know where that has led you in the past.

As for the biggest club in Yorkshire, unfortunately that's Leeds right now isn't it. But clubs are only as big as their position in the footballing pyramid......Which ranks both Sheffield United and Barnsley FC above you lot. 

Sheffield Wednesday, the team that has achieved absolutely nothing for the best part of three decades, but still likes to think of themselves as top dogs 😂😂

Yet we're still more successful than you, I'd keep that fact quiet 🤣

On 08/08/2021 at 13:36, Kelvin Phlats said:

Quite right mate, just the fools who look at those stats. How many times do we see teams dominating possession and still getting beat? Footballs about so much more than keeping hold of the ball.

Absolutely spot on...