Leeds Today: Very Very Quiet.

Drove around it today, huge amount of development(who is buying these properties), but hardly any people! Cafes and pubs were mostly empty,  Of course the students have gone home, and it was a very grey Monday, but still. i find it hard to belie

ve there is a boom on at the moment.

Edited by gamezone07

So you drove around L**ds, and noticed how quiet the pedestrianised shopping centre was ?

Isn't that like driving around the Sheffield inner ring road and complaining that our city centre is dead?

No, i went to the Royal Armouries,  then the Canal Side, Call lane, the Calls(Hipster area) , down by the Cockpit venue, eerily quiet, welcome other views though.

We went for the weekend and everywhere was absolutely rammed. It was like everything was back to normal on Saturday night especially, Greek Street was just a sea of people and most restaurants were really busy.

Had to drive to and from Hampshire yesterday and in rush hour both times. Wasn't held up at all. Pleasant, but a bit weird. Im not normally up and down motorways in school holudays - is that what it's normally like?

Leed's 'll be back to normal soon -

Daughters back at work :bigsmile:

We were in Leeds on Thursday,  no rain,  mild temperatures -  what I don't get is why when they build modern malls they make so many slopes,  in fact it was easier pushing a wheelchair up them than down them.