Charlton Athletic V Sheffield Wednesday

well are we ready for our 1st game? are we good enough? what are your thoughts guys?

With no goal threat in the team, its going to be a tough season.Id take a point now, hope Im wrong, but we look stuck in reverse and the recruitment looks more shambolic than last season, weve absolutely nothing uptop, small wonder Patterson wants to leave.

lets hope windass is back soon,i thought we had some good young uns,plus surely with all his contacts darren must be able to find a good young player from the premier reserves ,plus we have this new swiss international coming in.

If we avoid relegation we'll have done well....a lot depends on Bannan,Iorfa,Windass and Luongo staying and keeping fit...and who knows...if the numerous unknowns we have brought in,hit the ground running we may consolidate in mid table...

I hope i'm totally wrong and we are promotion contenders,....but i can't see it...

51 minutes ago, bassett one said:

lets hope windass is back soon,i thought we had some good young uns,plus surely with all his contacts darren must be able to find a good young player from the premier reserves ,plus we have this new swiss international coming in.

Windass wasnt a prolific scorer for Wigan the last time he was in league one, think he scored 7 goals all season.The main problem is recruitment,the sooner chansiri works that out and sets it right  the better  chance a manager has of building a decent squad. You can bring in Arsene Wenger to manage, but if your giving him crap players even he would struggle.

We set up very cautiously last season, we still had that cautious approach yesterday.What Id seen and heard of shodipo I was looking forward to watching him, but he looked gash yesterday, I know hes had a few injury problems in the past which has held him back, but he looked an exciting prospect at oxford last season.

Tough season ahead

Bit harsh calling the players recently signed as "crap"....lets reserve judgement until they've had a chance in a Wednesday shirt...but i'd agree that it could be a tough season...

6 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Bit harsh calling the players recently signed as "crap".......

😂😂😂😂...........

6 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Bit harsh calling the players recently signed as "crap"....lets reserve judgement until they've had a chance in a Wednesday shirt...but i'd agree that it could be a tough season...

Yep gotta give them chance to prove themselves. I'm still on the fence with how we'll do but I'm not confident yet that we have improved enough in the attacking positions. We'll see

43 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

😂😂😂😂...........

Could be worse if we had paid 20 million quid for one or two .

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Could be worse if we had paid 20 million quid for one or two .

You've all on paying the wage bill.....

our new wolves player sounds good and our swiss international sound okay,add them to the mix and lets hope they adjust to playing as darren wants,lots of ifs,but lets hope we are okay.

This game will tell the owls a lot 

Surely Charlton have to be one of the teams who are expected to be near to top, so if the owls can get an away win here then it will send out a serious warning to all the other teams in league 1

If we get a hammering then teams like morecambe may fancy their chances of a major scalp against the once mighty owls

We will learn a lot this Saturday about the owls promotion prospects