Energy Prices

30 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

The Gridwatch uk site is showing that at the moment, 7.45 am , our energy use is 38 percent from renewables.

There we are then. With improved energy efficiency we could manage by only doubling our renewable generation capacity. Why is this not right at the top of the political 'to do' list?

2 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

The Gridwatch uk site is showing that at the moment, 7.45 am , our energy use is 38 percent from renewables.

It is not 38% of our energy, it makes up 38% of our electricity, when you take into account the gas power stations.

Then there is also the petrol/diesel, log burners, coal and bottled gas and oil burners, the renewables used is quite low.

Edited by El Cid

22 hours ago, El Cid said:

When wholesale prices have gone up six fold, we will be happy with just a 50% increase!

Which company did you go with, hope they havnt gone bust.

I ended up with EDF - a bit more than I was paying but looking at the situation now, I'm just glad I got in just before it all went a bit bonkers! :o