Abbeydale Road South Parking

Driving through Millhouses at 10:30 am yesterday I noted that cars were parked on every sort of restricted lines, have restrictions been temporarily lifted or are they simply being  ignored, I didn’t notice any tickets on windscreens.

Edited by crookesey
Wrong name of road

Isn't it Abbeydale Rd that runs through Millhouses, not Ecclesall Rd?

27 minutes ago, carosio said:

Isn't it Abbeydale Rd that runs through Millhouses, not Ecclesall Rd?

Cheers, have edited

One of the main issues regarding parking on Abbeydale Road South is the use of Dore & Totley Station Car Park. Now that things are getting back to 'normal' the Station Car Park is over subscribed and consequently cars are parking on Dore Road, the waste ground infront of the Alms Houses, Abbeydale Road South and the Five Trees Estate.

This situation is only going to get worse as work is currently taking place to return the track to double working and putting in a second platform on the Station. There will also be an increase in the number of Manchester trains stopping at the Station.  This will mean an increase in the number of cars parking, however no provision appears to been made for these cars.  I have only mentioned cars parking for Station use. The Station Car Park however is also used by The Summer House,  people parking and getting the bus on Abbeydale Road South or people walking in Ecclesall Woods.

What is going to happen to all the extra cars?

Wazzie Worrall.

21 minutes ago, Paul Worrall said:

One of the main issues regarding parking on Abbeydale Road South is the use of Dore & Totley Station Car Park. Now that things are getting back to 'normal' the Station Car Park is over subscribed and consequently cars are parking on Dore Road, the waste ground infront of the Alms Houses, Abbeydale Road South and the Five Trees Estate.

This situation is only going to get worse as work is currently taking place to return the track to double working and putting in a second platform on the Station. There will also be an increase in the number of Manchester trains stopping at the Station.  This will mean an increase in the number of cars parking, however no provision appears to been made for these cars.  I have only mentioned cars parking for Station use. The Station Car Park however is also used by The Summer House,  people parking and getting the bus on Abbeydale Road South or people walking in Ecclesall Woods.

Wazzie Worrall.

This was in respect of the full length of Millhouses Park.

2 hours ago, Paul Worrall said:

Wazzie Worrall.

Obviously SCC Planning Dept. will have considered all these factors, and no doubt have plans in place, surely?

What restrictions are you meaning? The side on the park doesn't really have any.

The side with the houses has a clearway between 7:30am - 9:30am.

The lines on both side of the road tell their own story, what I asked is have the rules changed?

35 minutes ago, crookesey said:

The lines on both side of the road tell their own story, what I asked is have the rules changed?

Well at 10:30am the restrictions wouldn't be in effect according to the road signs.

https://goo.gl/maps/BsT11nWKK4JxJ7PL6