All Tesco Current Accounts Closing In Nov.

Now may be the time to start looking around for another bank. All  Tesco current accounts will be automatically closed on 30th November 2021

https://www.tescobank.com/current-accounts/

Edited by Janus
Link

Somehow I think those with accounts would already have been notified and will already know.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Somehow I think those with accounts would already have been notified and will already know.

I have not been notified yet 

7 hours ago, rudds1 said:

I have not been notified yet 

Ah, I see. Looks like I jumped the gun then.....:D

I would like to know the reason behind the decision for the closures. Being an online & telephone banking service, I would imagine the overheads were much less than a conventional bank. 

26 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

Tesco says the closures are part of a strategy of focusing on products and services that "best meet the needs of Tesco shoppers".

In reality I think the reason will be that best meet the needs of Tesco's income.

I can't blame them. Tesco is there to make money like any business . The credit cards and  loans are remaining. There is no need to bull ****.

6 hours ago, Janus said:

I would like to know the reason behind the decision for the closures. Being an online & telephone banking service, I would imagine the overheads were much less than a conventional bank. 

Yes. Odd that other online banks did not think it worth trying to buy-out Tesco Bank and its online customers? First Direct, for instance.