Is The Greenhill Area Good To Live?

Hi everyone,

I've viewed a detached house in Greenhill near the Beauchief golf club.  Could anyone shed some light on how this area is regarding the neighbourhood and safety (I don't care much about school at this point)? One thing bothering me is that the ground floor window on the side of the house is broken and the owner said that he accidentally did it himself. Could it be a sign of attempted breakin? 

Cheers,

Edited by Freewill

1 hour ago, Freewill said:

Hi everyone,

I've viewed a detached house in Greenhill near the Beauchief golf club.  Could anyone shed some light on how this area is regarding the neighbourhood and safety (I don't care much about school at this point)? One thing bothering me is that the ground floor window on the side of the house is broken and the owner said that he accidentally did it himself. Could it be a sign of attempted breakin? 

Cheers,

Could have been a poorly aimed golf ball, I live not a million miles from Greenhill and have never heard any negatives. I live closer to Dore Road than Greenhill, if you recall a loving family were murdered there, however I never attempted to dissuade my late mother from moving close to the murder house. You can’t protect yourself from all the evils of this world, just have a walk around and chat to folk, you’ll soon get a feeling about the place, good luck.

7 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Could have been a poorly aimed golf ball, I live not a million miles from Greenhill and have never heard any negatives. I live closer to Dore Road than Greenhill, if you recall a loving family were murdered there, however I never attempted to dissuade my late mother from moving close to the murder house. You can’t protect yourself from all the evils of this world, just have a walk around and chat to folk, you’ll soon get a feeling about the place, good luck.

Thanks! 

It's been a while, we lived in Greenhill for a number of years. Our opinion would be that it's one of the better areas in Sheffield; a good standard of housing, friendly community and with easy access to the Peak district.

The damage could be a golf ball or a break-in. With anywhere crime is going to be a factor, nicer areas will probably be a greater draw to burglars because of the potential rewards, but then I'm no crime expert. Where we are now is seen as a desirable area and we've been fortunate, neighbours less so. Precautions are something to think about wherever you are. We'd have no qualms about moving back to Greenhill, particularly near the golf course which is probably the nicest part.