South Yorkshire Mayor Announces 25% Off Bus And Tram Tickets

See the below press release...

The Mayor of South Yorkshire, Dan Jarvis, has announced plans to cut up to 25% off the price of bus and tram tickets this summer.

The discount will apply from August 2 to all adult TravelMaster tickets, including the new Flexi-5 pass. It will run for eight weeks until September 27.

Mayor Dan Jarvis said:

“I’m really pleased to be able to announce this significant discount on bus and tram tickets.

The South Yorkshire leaders and I have already made journeys much cheaper for 21 and under with our Zoom passes, now it’s time for everyone else to enjoy cheaper bus and tram tickets.

I hope everyone takes advantage of this discount over the summer, whether that’s to get to work, see family and friends or to visit some of the fantastic sights that South Yorkshire has to offer.”

This 25% discount equates to around £4 off weekly tickets and £16 off 4-weekly tickets.

Launching on the same day, the Flexi-5 pass will give passengers five days of non-consecutive travel for the cost of four. During the discount period, this will be five days of travel for the cost of three.

Mayor Dan Jarvis continued:

“We’re investing millions in building a world-class public transport network here in South Yorkshire, and we’re also investing in getting people to use it.

A well-used public transport network is key to getting us out of our cars, which in turn will help us build a greener and healthier South Yorkshire.

This has been a tough time for all of us, I hope this discount makes everyone’s lives that bit easier and gets us back on our buses and trams.”

Notes to editors:

A discount of up to 25% will be applied to all adult TravelMaster tickets from 2 August – 27 September. TravelMaster tickets are available to purchase onboard South Yorkshire buses and trams, online at sytravelmaster.com, from ticket vending machines at Travel South Yorkshire Interchanges, and at Payzone outlets located throughout South Yorkshire.

Here are the tickets/prices for this summer Travelmaster ticket promotion funded by the Sheffield City Region Mayor:

Buy online at sytravelmaster.com or from vending machines at interchanges. Daily and most weekly tickets also available to buy on board. Day tickets additionally available from the Stagecoach and First apps. Flexi5 is a new product offering a pack of 5 x 1 day tickets on a smart card to be activated on a day of your choice within a month of purchase.

Offer runs from 2nd August to 27th September.

CityBus - all buses in Sheffield

1 day £3.50 (normally £4.70)

Flexi5 £14.00 (normally £18.80)

7 day £13.10 on board, £12.20 online (normally £17.50/£16.30)

28 day £45.80 (normally £61.20)

Annual £526.70 (normally £703.80)

CityWide - all buses and trams in Sheffield

1 day £3.80 (normally £5.10)

Flexi5 £15.20 (normally £20.40)

7 day £13.90 on board, £13.10 online (normally £18.50/£17.50)

28 day £49.10 (normally £65.60)

Annual £564.70 (normally £754.40)

SY Connect - all buses and trams in South Yorkshire

1 day £5.30 (normally £7.00)

Flexi 5 £21.20 (normally £28.00)

7 day £19.50 on board, £17.60 online (normally £26.00/£23.50)

28 day £66.00 (normally £88.20)

Annual £759.00 (normally £1,014.30)

SY Connect+ - all buses, trams and local trains in South Yorkshire

1 day £6.60 (normally £8.80)

7 day £23.00 (normally £30.60)

28 day £86.30 (normally £114.60)

Annual £992.50 (normally £1,318.00)

Edited by Andy C

@Andy C- 'funded by an initiative which the Sheffield City Region Mayor has decided to attach his name' would be more accurate - unless he's got more money than sense - which I suppose is possible.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

@Andy C- 'funded by an initiative which the Sheffield City Region Mayor has decided to attach his name' would be more accurate - unless he's got more money than sense - which I suppose is possible.

his organisation rather than him personally, give you that, lol!

Where is the money coming from, though?  I thought all councils/quangos were claiming they hadn't got any funds?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Where is the money coming from, though?  I thought all councils/quangos were claiming they hadn't got any funds?

There will be a bucket of government cash specifically to rebuild public transport use following a year and a half of telling people to avoid travelling because of Covid. There should then be some further funding for "bus back better" to improve the network if the enhanced bus partnership is set up.

Edited by Andy C

4 minutes ago, Andy C said:

There will be a bucket of government cash specifically to rebuild public transport use following a year and a half of telling people to avoid travelling because of Covid. There should then be some further funding for "bus back better" to improve the network if the enhanced bus partnership is set up.

OK, understand. I shall be keeping my eyes open for further proper announcements - not propaganda press releases, then.

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Andy C said:

Heaven help us then. 

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

Heaven help us then. 

Think we might need a bit more help than that available from 'up there'.😀

18 hours ago, Andy C said:

Only problem is the government havn't got any cash, it's all ours.

I can not help and wonder what will happen on supertram will they sell day riders at £4.40 or will they say oh no sir/madam we have a better deal for you today and you can have a ticket for both bus and tram for £3.80