Port Vale Fc V Sheffield Wednesday F C

SO this is our next game now,fans with tickets allowed,dont know much about PORT VALE but take it both teams will send out a good side ,as both preparing for there 1st games soon,what do other people think,

date of match 27th july.

In the dark days of the 70s Port Vale did the double over Wednesday twice. Finding the ground before sat navs was also a lot of fun.

lets hope we never go back to the ashurst era,it was awfull,sleeping on the moors ect for the player OMG ,never want to hear or see that again,only bonus was i was not a player,but being a suffering supporter,in those horrific days,never again please.

11 hours ago, bassett one said:

lets hope we never go back to the ashurst era,it was awfull,sleeping on the moors ect for the player OMG ,never want to hear or see that again,only bonus was i was not a player,but being a suffering supporter,in those horrific days,never again please.

Was it Tony Toms who took em on the moors, they played a 5 a side match against the sheep, and lost 3-0 !

OMG it was,we might of got a draw,if it was not for that blooming mr ram,please may we never ever go back to those days,i think darren with a bit of luck ,could be our new jack charlton,he seems soft,but hes not and hes eager to prove his worth and dare i say honoured to get the job,as he sees it his chance to prove how good he is,also he will know anyone who can get us up will be a hero,beyond what most clubs could offer,i feel he will be okay.

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

OMG it was,we might of got a draw,if it was not for that blooming mr ram,please may we never ever go back to those days,i think darren with a bit of luck ,could be our new jack charlton,he seems soft,but hes not and hes eager to prove his worth and dare i say honoured to get the job,as he sees it his chance to prove how good he is,also he will know anyone who can get us up will be a hero,beyond what most clubs could offer,i feel he will be okay.

A very interesting season in prospect Mr. B.

I can see 2 scenario's.

FIRST--A resurgent Wednesday storming the division and finishing in the top two...

SECOND--A depleted, lack of ambition Wednesday, finishing in the bottom three.

No mid table finish on this one..

The jury is still out.

i agree,but if windass ect are kept,add plenty of young legs,we could be okay,we need another forward and a goal keeper asap

On 23/07/2021 at 22:01, Jim Hardie said:

In the dark days of the 70s Port Vale did the double over Wednesday twice. Finding the ground before sat navs was also a lot of fun.

And despite the massive terraces, Owls fans were fenced into one small pen - 2nd visit IIRC.

so lets see who he plays,what formation ect? need a confidence win ,dont we?

good tempo,new players,no bannan or windass, but win 2-1 and it was a pretty hard fought game ,from the reports,on to next game

On 23/07/2021 at 21:01, Jim Hardie said:

I went to Port Vale a few years ago for a Friday night match to see the Blades.

Even though we are now in the 21st century the experience was like re-visiting the 1970's.

The place and the people have not moved on.