Trams To Hillsborough For Tramlines

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So basically shift the traffic and parking issues to another area for the weekend instead?

Loads of people live around those parks, no different to Hillsborough Park. How does it solve anything?

The post I responded to asked where else the event could be staged, I named 2 viable alternatives, I'm not saying it solves anything. But, if it must be held near densely populated urban areas, why couldn't it be shared out, so that different areas get both the benefits and the detrimental aspects equally?

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

Porridge test.

Endcliffe and Millhouses way too small and access is terrible both have one real ,already busy road

Hillsborough benefits from 2 decent routes away from the site and of course ,the tram which can shift hundreds of people at a time,back to town where surely all the out if Towner's are staying. 

Securing a Park as big as Graves would  take some doing,too big

Would love to know what the council charges the promoters for hire of the park.

Middlewood Road and Penistone Road are horrible for traffic already, why is it fine to put another 120,000 people on them, but not for other parts of the city?

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

Porridge test.

Endcliffe and Millhouses way too small and access is terrible both have one real ,already busy road

Hillsborough benefits from 2 decent routes away from the site and of course ,the tram which can shift hundreds of people at a time,back to town where surely all the out if Towner's are staying. 

Securing a Park as big as Graves would  take some doing,too big

Would love to know what the council charges the promoters for hire of the park.

You wouldnt need to have a fence round the entire park tbh, just a section of it. Heaton Park in Manchester isnt totally closed off when that us being used for a concert surely, its huge.

Also, who's bright idea was it for the Friday to start at Midday, when it used to start around tea-time?

My wife is working from home, and is desperately trying to find a part of our house where teenager's effing and jeffing isn't picked up on her Teams calls.

The Heaton Park capacity for this year's concert is 75,000.

Worth the extra security cost I guess.

5 minutes ago, royalowl said:

Also, who's bright idea was it for the Friday to start at Midday, when it used to start around tea-time?

My wife is working from home, and is desperately trying to find a part of our house where teenager's effing and jeffing isn't picked up on her Teams calls.

Surely she just apologises to the meeting and explains its out of her control and stays on mute as much as possible, no different to having a baby or a dog running around which I have seen countless times in meetings over the last 15 months, its just part of life now

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, royalowl said:

We are basically in the ridiculous position where the government is advising employees to work from home, but at the same time it is directing 120,000 mainly unvaccinated people past said worker's homes, to make as much noise and litter as they possibly can, and putting an entire local community at risk under the guise of a test event, where the attendees don't need to adhere to social distancing or face covering protocols.

Genius.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely she just apologises to the meeting and explains its out of her control and stays on mute as much as possible, no different to having a baby or a dog running around which I have seen countless times in meetings over the last 15 months, its just part of life now

40,000 people walking past your house with cans of Stella in their hands, is the same as having a dog or baby running (or toddling) around the house, Really?

4 minutes ago, royalowl said:

We are basically in the ridiculous position where the government is advising employees to work from home, but at the same time it is directing 120,000 mainly unvaccinated people past said worker's homes, to make as much noise and litter as they possibly can, and putting an entire local community at risk under the guise of a test event, where the attendees don't need to adhere to social distancing or face covering protocols.

Genius.

40,000 people walking past your house with cans of Stella in their hands, is the same as having a dog or baby running (or toddling) around the house, Really?

"I am sorry colleagues, there is a music festival happening outside my house. If you hear any noise it is out of my control"

There, easy.  Hardly reinventing the wheel. In any case its now 3.20pm on a Friday, anyone having a work meeting now is a sadist.

Edited by HeHasRisen

"I am sorry colleagues, there is a music festival happening outside my house. If you hear any noise it is out of my control"

There, easy.  Hardly reinventing the wheel. In any case its now 3.20pm on a Friday, anyone having a work meeting now is a sadist.

I will let her employer know, perhaps they didn't know you are not supposed to work on Friday afternoons - I will be sure to pass this on.

8 minutes ago, royalowl said:

I will let her employer know, perhaps they didn't know you are not supposed to work on Friday afternoons - I will be sure to pass this on.

If her employer cant cut her a break for something outside on one working afternoon of the year that she has no control over, an event everyone in Sheffield knows is happening no less, maybe she needs to find a new job 

Edited by HeHasRisen

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... you do post some rubbish!

Not everyone works in the public sector, you know? :roll:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... you do post some rubbish!

Not everyone works in the public sector, you know? :roll:

Hmm..... hmm?

If her employer cant cut her a break for something outside on one working afternoon of the year that she has no control over, an event everyone in Sheffield knows is happening no less, maybe she needs to find a new job 

Careers advice as well, is there no end to your talents?

Maybe we could send you as a special envoy to the Middle East, all their problems will be resolved in minutes.