Trams To Hillsborough For Tramlines

11 hours ago, butlers said:

The Sheffield authorities seem quite adept at fouling up relatively simple tasks.
Although I’m not involved, I would imagine that organising the logistics of the event, bands, etc would be far more complicated.

Just now, prince al said:

The Sheffield authorities seem quite adept at fouling up relatively simple tasks.
Although I’m not involved, I would imagine that organising the logistics of the event, bands, etc would be far more complicated.

The authorities? The Marathon water thing was all the work of an independent group of people.

On 23/07/2021 at 08:16, HeHasRisen said:

Nothing gets past you, does it?

My comment was a joke! 🙄

Perhaps the location of tramlines does need looking at. Would Norfolk Park be a more suitable location? Is it big enough? 

It's more central to the city centre which means if people did need to walk into town after it's closer than Hillsborough Park, but also on the tram route and closer to the train station.

On 22/07/2021 at 21:39, hackey lad said:

Does anyone know why tram was off for four days , Birley lane to Halfway 

The staff who would have repaired the OHLE were all self isolating and so there was nobody to repair the damage. 

The hot weather caused the overhead to sag and the pantograph of 206 got caught in it, ripped off and damaged the overhead in the process. 

Quite how they managed to check the rest of the network was safe when the staff were self-isolating, or why it was allowed to get into that state in the first would be perfect valid questions to ask. 

5 minutes ago, Hook said:

The staff who would have repaired the OHLE were all self isolating and so there was nobody to repair the damage. 

The hot weather caused the overhead to sag and the pantograph of 206 got caught in it, ripped off and damaged the overhead in the process. 

Quite how they managed to check the rest of the network was safe when the staff were self-isolating, or why it was allowed to get into that state in the first would be perfect valid questions to ask. 

Thanks for that . Nothing on news about it . Thought four days was a long time to repair it .

31 minutes ago, Hook said:

Very good points!